STS?

STS stands for Shock Terminator Supressor....Basically it mounts to the back of your bow and has a shock absorber on the end that the string hits when it is released to eliminate string slap. If you google bowhunting + STS you can see a few examples. I think Bowteck is using some of these in their new lines of bows.

http://www.trophyblogger.com/Goat

Yeah, I did google it but it looked more like a stabilizer of some sort. So wouldn't that be pointless on Mathews bows which already have the string supressors?

You're right about them being pointless on the Mathews since they already have the string supressors. It is more of and accessory that can be added to any bow that mimics what they do on the Mathews'....that is to silence the string when released on a shot. The quieter the better...right?

http://www.trophyblogger.com/Goat

I have actually seen a Mathews benefit a lot from an STS. The STS is more towards the center of the string instead of the ends, thus doing a better job of what it is designed to do. The string suppressors don't compare.

The new Hoyts have them already mounted when you buy the bow, not the STS brand, but it's the same thing.
There are also some guys that make ones that will screw directly into the mounting hole on the back of the riser and are a whole lot cleaner looking than an STS, they are built specific for each brace height.

I will agree with a3dhunter. An STS will benefit any bow, including Mathews. The suppressors are out by each axle, with an STS in the middle of the string, the difference if quite noticable.

Lien2

Here is a home mader. Cost me 13 bucks. Now I could have gone out and bought a cable guard and then put the Limbsaver button on the end of that. But this works so well I think I will leave it. Besides the other kind is only going to get me about an inch closer the center.

P1050461.jpg

An STS is the about the best accessory on my bow it has eliminated the handshock, made my bow quieter and also stopped any string slap on my arm. If you have ever seen a bow shot with a high speed camera you would see all of the vibration and stress your bow goes through on every shot the STS helps that. They are about $45 at cabelas there is a front and rear mount style depending on if your bow has a front or rear mounting hole.

Check out this video of a bow being shot in slow motion.

JBC

STS are one of the best after market accessories I know of. I've got them on my Allegiances, my Guardian, and my boy's Jaguar. They quiet the sting down considerably, to the point that I've removed the factory string silencers on my Allegiances as they start to shoot apart. They are also remarkably effective at removing vibration without the need for a heavy stabilizer. Finally, as noted above, one the great attributes is stopping string slap. I'm a big fan of the technology! Just look what Hoyt has added to their new bows! Why do you think they did it.?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom