Tag the Meat

flyingspearnv

Did you guys know we are supposed to attach the tag to the meat? I had mine on the rack as I've always done and was warned to place it on a hind quarter, as the law changed several years ago. I guess ndow is writing tickets

Don't know when the law changed, as far as i knew the law says your supposed to put the tag with the majority of the meat. I used to tag on the antlers, for the last few years i have always put it on the hind quarter.
How many of us think about putting the tag in the freezer with your meat after processing? I used to just throw it somewhere, last few years i have always put it in the freezer with the meat.
Alot of states you have to leave evidence of sex attached...im glad we dont have to do that, although im sure at some point it will be coming.

Kevin...you are probably right some time down the road it will catch up there in NV too like so many other states. And the tag with the meat in the freezer too when the Gustapo shows up.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

I always attach the tag to a rear quarter if the animal is quartered out, or the antlers of a whole buck. As long as the animal is whole, and there is a tag attached to it somewhere, then it is attached to the majority of the meat. I also keep all of my tags and licenses in one spot, so that I have easy access if there is a question. I also have a statement from a person if they give me meat with their information, tag #, etc.

Later,

Marcial

I've always thrown the tag in the freezer with the meat, never thought twice about not doing it.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom