Tax stamp approved!

I heard rumblings that they are going to try and speed the process up? Has anyone heard anything about that. Never had a tax stamp, but intend to buy a suppressor soon.

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!
11-1/2 months with the efile. Was starting to get really pizzed. Bought a TBAC ultra 7 last December hoping to have it in my hands for this year hunting season. Got the email this morning, THE DAY AFTER THE SEASON ENDED!!!
Congrats, you will love shooting and hunting with a suppresser!

I heard rumblings that they are going to try and speed the process up? Has anyone heard anything about that. Never had a tax stamp, but intend to buy a suppressor soon.
The atf will never do a thing to make any aspect of a United States citizens access to anything fire arm related any easier or faster. They are an obstructionist organization. The fact that there is any waiting period or background check or tax stamp BS for a suppressor is an absolute joke. They should not be involved whatsoever but that’s a dream. I’d expect them to implement anything and everything they can to make it even harder to get one with the rise in their popularity.

Get one while you can. It’s gunna take forever

The atf will never do a thing to make any aspect of a United States citizens access to anything fire arm related any easier or faster. They are an obstructionist organization. The fact that there is any waiting period or background check or tax stamp BS for a suppressor is an absolute joke. They should not be involved whatsoever but that’s a dream. I’d expect them to implement anything and everything they can to make it even harder to get one with the rise in their popularity.

Get one while you can. It’s gunna take forever
Biden's ATF at work.

Biden's ATF at work.

Was the prior guy’s ATF any better on this topic?

But as to suppressors, they are pretty awesome. It’s really a game changer to be able to shoot without ear protection and then not have your ears ringing for a few days after. Wish I’d had one my whole life. I keep kicking around the idea of getting one myself, but then chicken out due to cost.

Was the prior guy’s ATF any better on this topic?
I don't have specific experience. But with the current administration's anti 2nd Amendment approach, I doubt it got better. E-file was advertised to decrease approval time to 90 days, but it's still running around a year. My approval was about 10 months if my memory is correct.

I've done some for guys, did 2 for a guy in a week period. The one he did on Tuesday came back 4 months later, the one on Friday took 6 months.

The system is completely broken.

I currently have 3 waiting. Two of which are at 388 days currently.

I have purchased 5 before these ones waiting and first was in 2002 and never waited this long.

Yet my neighbor who has never purchased one bought two in February and had them in may.

Yep. Appears completely random. When I applied for mine, Silencer Central told me to count on 8-10 months, but they had one approved in 9 days. Guess he won the lottery.

Poking around on their website a few weeks ago and the approvals were from a 5 month window. I can understand if there are some that take a little longer than others, but not months.

Oh well. Preaching to the choir.

what i really, really want is someone to explain to me what the hell the purpose of the entire process is to begin with?

what is requiring any sort of review or background check? how does a suppressor pose any sort of threat whatsoever? already have the gun. or maybe i dont and just want a suppressor for the safe.

its all such bullshitt. if you want your 200 dollar "tax stamp" just make me pay that at the counter. don't you people have some conservative LLC's or PTA parents to go label terrorist? let me just buy these things! i can barely hear as it is anymore

what i really, really want is someone to explain to me what the hell the purpose of the entire process is to begin with?
I honestly think the process is designed as a deterrent to people getting NFA items. It's working too, look how many people aren't willing to go through the application process.

If you could buy them at a gun store and walk out with it many more people would own them.

what i really think it is , is that people watch too many movies and think a suppressor makes you an assassin

You guys can thank your parents and grandparents for voting for people who put these policies into law.

You guys can thank your parents and grandparents for voting for people who put these policies into law.
Glad I don't want one. mtmuley

Mine took 15 months. My brother's took just 4.5 months and just got them in the mail a couple weeks ago.

I didn’t want one that bad, but friends said they were great. So bought/applied and waited a year and got mine. OMG. Most fun I’ve had shooting my rifles in many years.

Personally I can’t see buying more than one. I can only shoot one gun at a time and I just use the same one. I can put it on anything from 223 up to 30 cal.

So I wouldn’t sell mine for 3x what I paid for it, but won’t be buying another.

I am ok with getting 1 stamp to buy your first one, but it is BS to make you do it very time you want to buy another one.

I was actually picking up one of my cans (after approval) and a guy at the counter was waiting on 2 approvals. Turns out one of his was approved and one was denied. Makes sense, doesn't it? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Zeke

I bought a Thunderbeast Ultra 9 on December 2 and got my approval today. Eleven weeks minus one day. Looking forward to trying out my first can.

I bought a Thunderbeast Ultra 9 on December 2 and got my approval today. Eleven weeks minus one day. Looking forward to trying out my first can.
11 weeks? That's awesome! You must have pictures of somebody! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Shooting with a can makes a big difference in not only noise, but also felt recoil.

I don't have specific experience. But with the current administration's anti 2nd Amendment approach, I doubt it got better. E-file was advertised to decrease approval time to 90 days, but it's still running around a year. My approval was about 10 months if my memory is correct.
Nice to see someone own up when they get caught talking out their ass.

Nice to see someone own up when they get caught talking out their ass.
Just expressing an opinion. And you know what's said about opinions. Everybody has one! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Eleven weeks approval is definitely not the norm.

Now backing it up with data from the Silencer Central website. If my math is correct, Jan 23 - Aug 23 is in the 6-13 month range. Mine was approved in March of '22, after a 10 month wait. So, not much difference today.

Maybe other MMers will chiime in on their recent approval waits.

Junk E-Form.JPG

Had a guy last week that got his after waiting 2 months. Another guy got his in around that 11 week mark. Some people are getting punched out sooner. But the standard average we tell people is still 4-8 months.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom