Taxidermist?? - Sheep

tbryson7

I drew a sheep tag this year and I'm interested in people's thought on who they would recommend as a taxidermist in the Boise area.

I want to know of taxidermists who have actually done sheep, not the guy who says he can do everything.

Greg Heil of re creation in Nampa does amazing work. 25+ years of experience and he has mounted close to 50+ sheep. He is the offical taxidermist of Christiansen Arms is really a good guy. His number is 208-602-5439...Tell him Adam sent you his way.

Also look into Rustic Mountain Taxidermy in Nampa. The work is done by Preston Evans...great taxi. PM me if you are interested in his phone number.

Try Dan Morrow, High Country Taxidermy in Meridian. He is doing my 210 gross Oregon buck. First class work and guy.

Preston Evans ran off with by Bear Mount, cel phone disconnected, never did contact me. Haven't heard hide nor hair til now. I see he changed his taxidermy name. Maybe I can track him down. Thanks

LAST EDITED ON Jul-20-09 AT 12:51PM (MST)[p]Scott, let me know what he says! you hear this WAY too much with taxidermy. Too bad too because you cant replace this stuff.

BTW, is that the bear i told you NOT to shoot about 10 times before you threw the video camera at me and shot it! Good times, good times!

Travis
www.RidgelineOutdoors.com
Blacks-Creek Packs Dealer

hntfool,

Sorry to hear about that with Preston. Seems like for everything good someone has to say about a taxi there is always someone unhappy. I will say that I have seen quite a bit of Preston's work and was impressed with all of it. He turned around my antelope and my father's antelope within 8 months. And they do look great.

I responded to your pm

Travis,

This is the same bear that you told me not to shot 10 times. Got the video to prove it! LOL

I gave Preston the bear to mount,( heard about him from the Mule deer foundation banquet), his cel phone number got disconnected and I have no idea where he lives now! I saw some of his other bear stuff and thought his work looked good.

That was a good bear and we earned it. Shame to lose it this way, but you never know, Preston just might have lost my contact info and has been humpin on my bear rug for a couple of years now. Not a pretty sight.
I'll will try to track him down.

Fowladdict,

Got the p.m. Thanks for your help. Gotta love MM guys, they can sure come through when you need it.

Scott

htnfool,

Glad to help. Let me know how it turns out.

Meanwhile post a pic of the bear!

This is the bear that Orion23 and myself (the handsome guy in the pic), shot in Unit 39, while deer hunting. He was following a group of deer that walked within about 15 yards of us. A ##### of a pack out. All down hill but a long way. Took 2 hauls to get it all out

4a66424d19b902ec.jpg

Scott

Hntfool,

That looks like a great bear! I really hope you get it back. I have hunted the last two years in Unit 39 and have not ever seen a bear in there. I did manage to take my best buck to date in '07 tho. Not a whopper, but I sure was happy.

4a687d254170c67b.jpg

Hope the truck was just down the hill a bit, Looks steep and deep.

Nice buck, Late October?, neck looks swollen.

Thanks again

Steep and deep would be correct. Funny story actually. He was shot on October 27, 2007. I can't forget that day because that is my wifes birthday. A buddy and I went for a "morning" hunt. The wife had to work on her birthday until about 1 o'clock. We had dinner reservations at 6 pm at the Melting Pot. I shot this buck at about noon. This big bodied sumbitch was the toughest haul out I've had yet. I did not get home until 8 o'clock and did not call her until I had cell reception about 7:15 pm. She hung up on me when I called. On the way home I spent about 200 bucks on flowers and balloons. I called the melting pot and changed the reservation to 9pm. The wife forgave me when she got the flowers and balloons. She insists I was forgiven before I even bought her that stuff...she said she understood I couldn't just leave the deer there for the next day, but made me promise never to hunt big game on her birthday again. I agreed...after this experience I knew I had a keeper of a woman...gawd I love her!

You are a liar! There is no way that you can't hunt on October 27th. It's in your blood.

I like the flower touch and rescheduling the dinner, wise move.

But you should have spent less on the flowers, cause next time, and there will be a next time, it's goin to cost you double. But hey, A BIG BUCK is worth way more than that, keepin a wife, well as they say, "There is plenty of fish in the sea".

JK- Better keep that one. They can get expensive...

Scott

"Preston Evans ran off with by Bear Mount, cel phone disconnected, never did contact me. Haven't heard hide nor hair til now. I see he changed his taxidermy name. Maybe I can track him down. Thanks"

I'll post once because I know argueing on the net is like beating your head on the wall, But I've a civil guy, right :) :)

I actually talked Preston into working for me out of my Shop at my house. He did disappear for a few years. I registered Rustic Mountain Taxidermy. I had and still have a Crapload of stuff to mount. I had several people do work and there are many good taxidermists in the area. Preston does great work and has always treated me fair. He went through a divorce, a family death, midlife crisis, or whatever. He did Go AWOL, no disputing that. That being said I'm trying to get his name back out there and his quality speaks for itself.

I will say I can't be responsible on what Preston did in the past, I know there was some happy and also disapointed people with comunication. I'm working on getting him clients and having him do the work. I'm new to the taxidermy bizz side (I don't do the work) but not new to bizz in general. I figure I have alot to learn and am working through some of the Taxidermy hickups that happen.

One thing for sure though, I can be reached. 208.571-1ELK is my cell. Anything new I will take responsibility for.

He does Birds top Knotch. Many here have seen some of his work I've posted. He dos great with Big Game and right now is worknig on some African Animals and I'll get some Pics up some time soon.

We will be working on a Website, and flyers ,etc but I can post or Email pics if you like of the detail and quality of work he does.

I'm not above sharing my thoughts on other guys. If you need names of other Taxidermists for Sheep I would recomend Bob Ulshafer with Sundance or Mitch with Imperial. Alan with Kodiak does good work too.

At any rate, good luck with the Hunt this Fall and if you need any help or Idea's with Sheep hunting, Let me know !!! It's addicting !

Take care and Shoot straight !!!

-Moosie

Don't hate da playa Hate da Game !!

Take a look at Kodiak Taxidermy. Al Malasie has done a couple animals for me including the full body mount CA bighorn below. He does great work, is competitivley priced, and has an awesome turn around time - this ram was done in about 4 months.

4a74a7aa5b955b00.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom