taxidermist ??

B

bowboy101

I have a couple of archery tags this year and just in case I get lucky and get a wall hanger I need to get some Ideas as what to do with it. I live in St. George and I would like to use a local guy. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good quality southern utah guy? Price?

Also I'm doing an early season wilderness hunt in Nevada. If for some freak reason I actually get one how long do I have to get it off the mountain before I risk loosing the velvet or cape?

The only good one I can think of in the St. George area is Jake w/ High Country Taxidermy. He is in Santa Clara. I can look for his number if you think you need it.

If it is really warm, which is more than likely, If you cant get the cape and velvet cooled down quickly, you could see if a taxidermist in the area has some formaldahyde or velvet tan you can get from them and inject them on the mtn. the velvet is just like the cape, you dont want it to stay warm for long.

Skull Designs: Quality European Mounts at affordable prices

>Danny Stratton in Cedar City

+1 for Danny Stratton. He did a deer for me a few years ago and it turned out great. Troy Truman in Enterprise is another one you could try.

Thanks for the input guys. Any Idea what price to expect on a quality job from one of these guys?

I hve some birds that I want done from last season. Does anybody know a good taxi up north for bird?? Could you PM me with any info??

Sorry for sippin off your thread...

It was a big bodied 2 point.

PM Sent. I have done your homework for you as far as a bird taxidermist goes. I am a bird taxi junkie, have had multiple birds mounted here locally by different taxidermist, and have finally found a guy that I have been more than amazed by. Worth every penny.

Jeff Nelson
Wings in Flight Bird Taxidermy
http://www.wingsinflightbirdtaxidermy.com/
801 310 8042

PM sent concerning the best bird guy around. I have had many birds mounted by different local taxidermist and was never pleased until now. Jeff Nelson out of Payson is the real deal. His work stands alone for those who demand the best! You will not find a nicer, more honest guy either.

Jeff Nelson
801 310 8042
www.wingsinflightbirdtaxidermy.com

+1 on Danny Stratton! He did my buck and bull from last year, and they are amazing. I have attached some pictures for you to look at.
4535dscn3140.jpg

7151dscn3141.jpg

2233dscn3142.jpg

Randall Limb
Limb Creek Outdoors
www.limbcreek.com
www.facebook.com/limbcreekoutdoors
Wac'em Broadheads Pro Staff

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom