TC bolt rifles

OLDHORNHUNTER

Very Active Member
Anyone have any solid info on the TC Compass bolt action rifle. Looking for one for the wife Cabela's has a smoking deal on these but wanted to see if any issues with the action trigger or clip

Definitely an entry level gun but they seem to shoot pretty well. The trigger is similar to a M70 and should be easy to tune. If it's a smoking deal it's probably worth it.

I picked one up in 6.5 Creedmoor AKA manbun. Shoots good, trigger is heavy, changed the spring and got it to just under 3lbs. Shot about a 5" group with it at 450 yards....ce61

My next budget gun will be a Compass. I haven't owned one but they seem to check off the things I like in a rifle, first and foremost a three position safety with locking bolt. I own a Mossberg Patriot and like it but the Compass comes with a longer barrel 24" for magnum calibers vs. 22" on the Patriot. I had a Ruger American, it shot good but the bolt stop failed on a Kodiak blacktail hunt and the bolt ended up in about 18" of snow when I was on a nice blacktail. That was enough for me.

>My next budget gun will be
>a Compass. I haven't owned
>one but they seem to
>check off the things I
>like in a rifle, first
>and foremost a three position
>safety with locking bolt. I
>own a Mossberg Patriot and
>like it but the Compass
>comes with a longer barrel
>24" for magnum calibers vs.
>22" on the Patriot. I