TEMPS IN YOUR AREA???

-26 here in LaBarge this morning...don't worry about Deer Hunting this year in Western Wyoming...they started dropping like flies 2 days ago around here....got 9 inches of new snow at my place from last storm...looks like Antarctica between LaBarge and Big Piney...can't even see any sage-brush....

Good Mornin Longun!

-26 here in LaBarge this morning...don't worry about Deer Hunting this year in Western Wyoming...they started dropping like flies 2 days ago around here....got 9 inches of new snow at my place from last storm...looks like Antarctica between LaBarge and Big Piney...can't even see any sage-brush....

It’s been a whiteout here for 2 days. The highway has been closed for most of that time and there are trucks and cars stuck everywhere. The Utards closed it at the state line twice, a first as far as I can remember.

I can‘t see how the critters can make it thru this stuff.

Well!

Now Colorado Has the PERFUCK Excuse Why Their Deer Herd Is In The Shape It's In!

It’s been a whiteout here for 2 days. The highway has been closed for most of that time and there are trucks and cars stuck everywhere. The Utards closed it at the state line twice, a first as far as I can remember.

I can‘t see how the critters can make it thru this stuff.

-30 in SE Montana this morning and lots of snow. Winter kill is not going to be that high, because there wasn't any deer left to die going into the winter.:rolleyes:

Going to dip to -12 here this coming week. Lots of snow and animals are weak . A guy has 6 Antelope run into his parked car yesterday. Must be suicide. ?

More snow here again last night. The roads feel like cobblestone. The first line of the Led Zep Immigrant song comes to mind- " We come from the land of the ice and snow". The first time the weather man predicts warm weather I'm Not going to believe it.

More snow here again last night. The roads feel like cobblestone. The first line of the Led Zep Immigrant song comes to mind- " We come from the land of the ice and snow". The first time the weather man predicts warm weather I'm Not going to believe it.
Our "Immigrant" song is a bit different than Led 's sound...ours starts with an accordion solo followed by mariachis.

Got some rare snowfall at my place the other day.

IMG-8831.jpg

IMG-8830.jpg

IMG-8825.jpg

IMG-8845.jpg

Got 4" then rain snow melted 2 hours later more snow then rain again then more snow about 3" then more rain.
next morning it was like a ice rink.

Great...now I got THAT song stuck in my head this morning.....Land of the ice and snow....excuse me while while I go plow my drive-way again.. OOOOHHH AHHHHHH YAHHHH!!!

We went from 6° Monday am to 12° Tuesday and 26° this am. We are supposed to get a day in high 40s or low 50s for a daytime high in the next 2 weeks. Snow predicted with rain also some of those days.

They were predicting 57 here today so figured I’d run up and go by the cabin. 9,000’ near Fish Lake.

“…..won’t be green up here for a few months……. Pilgrim!”

Zeke, your place is still ice o lated….

They were predicting 57 here today so figured I’d run up and go by the cabin. 9,000’ near Fish Lake.

“…..won’t be green up here for a few months……. Pilgrim!”

Zeke, your place is still ice o lated….
Take pictures ?

Take pictures ?
Ha, I did Trix…… I’m too lazy to transfer them from the camera to the iPhone…..

I’ll get to it this morning, and post a couple up for ya.

Compared to the pics coming out of the Wasatch, the Windriver and the Sierrias. our mountain snow depth is mild but…….. for here, it’s a load.

It was 16F in Sevier valley this mornin. Here’s a yesterday pic and this morning pic at the house. It’s not much, but it’s not given in yet.
1A2BF738-2ED0-4731-86B7-F1B4D9337004.jpeg
image.jpg

Thanks. It’s going to be 2-3 months before I can get into our place. I’m guessing 10 feet of snow and Kane County doesn’t touch the roads till June

Thanks. It’s going to be 2-3 months before I can get into our place. I’m guessing 10 feet of snow and Kane County doesn’t touch the roads till June
I know I’m restating the obvious…. but accept for our wildlife, in some areas, this snow/moisture is a welcome chance to the last 10 years or more of drought. Not wishing any harm to property owners from heavy snow loads on their building or pending floods from an abrupt run of but the entire western half of the country needs a few more winters with average or better snow/moisture.

Our small community is dependent on a good sized natural spring for both our culinary and irrigation water. The water flow out that spring has been declining at an alarming rate for many years now. It will take years of average or better moisture to restore that aquifer.

Where in Kane County is your place T? Sounds like your in one of the higher elevations down that way.

That A frame looks cozy, Lumpy....

You guys have a lot of snow I'd say. Hopefully it's gone by June when we hit Bowery Haven. :)

That A frame looks cozy, Lumpy....

You guys have a lot of snow I'd say. Hopefully it's gone by June when we hit Bowery Haven. :)
I hope to so too, I’m thinking the ice on the Lake is 30” thick or better right now, W and….. shame on you for renting a place at Bowery when that cabin is setting right there, at your disposal. Looking forward to see you, none the less.

I hope to so too, I’m thinking the ice on the Lake is 30” thick or better right now, W and….. shame on you for renting a place at Bowery when that cabin is setting right there, at your disposal. Looking forward to see you, none the less.
We're pulling the 5th wheel and I think it'd be a bit tight getting in there. :) We'll be hitting Moab as well. I'll let you know when we'll be there. We'll spend more time on the water this trip on Fishlake and hopefully we don't get hailed on again. We'd like to take you and Toni to dinner again.

We're pulling the 5th wheel and I think it'd be a bit tight getting in there. :) We'll be hitting Moab as well. I'll let you know when we'll be there. We'll spend more time on the water this trip on Fishlake and hopefully we don't get hailed on again. We'd like to take you and Toni to dinner again.
Looking forward to seeing my and Momma again but…… I think it’s my turn to take you to dinner…… I know a great place you haven’t been too!!!

Is the “great place” a secret?
Only a secret to Wiszard T, only to Wiszard!

I’ll share a wee bit of wisdom with ya T.

It’s always best of you don’t still your guts…. about everything. If you’re gonna keep good friends happy, it’s best to hold a few kernels back, to enjoy on another day. ?

As restaurant quality has gone completely to crap in this area, over the last three or years, including but certainly not only to our little hillbilly hangouts, in our most rrrrrrrural communities but here at home as well. Good food locations have become a valuable asset to have in one’s portfolio.

Hint……. as the Town of Torrey has evolved, after the short cut ( Highway 12) from Capital Reef to Bryce Canyon has become a better known “scenic/hiking/exploring attraction” it has allowed a small handful of business folks to offer quality food restaurants, in and around the Town of Torrey.

Now…… let me qualify that a bit. In these off the beaten paths, really good cooks are hard are to keep employed, so anyone one of the restaurants in the Torrey area can be amazing or not, depending on the year and the season. Last year, again, the Rim Rock Steakhouse (not the Pizza Patio) and
Broken Spur Inn & Steakhouse were both very good.

Now…… let me qualify that a bit. In these off the beaten paths, really good cooks are hard are to keep employed, so anyone one of the restaurants in the Torrey area can be amazing or not, depending on the year and the season. Last year, again, the Rim Rock Steakhouse (not the Pizza Patio) and
Broken Spur Inn & Steakhouse were both very good.
Is Bryce Canyon Pines still worth a stop?

Is Bryce Canyon Pines still worth a stop?
It’s been a while, but the last time I was there ( couple years ago) the pie was still well worth a stop. Truth is, accept for breakfast, my personal preference is the meals at Bryce Canyon Pines over the meals at Ruby’s Inn.

Another decent stop for food, down that way, is the Thunder Bird at the intersection in Mt. Carmel. As a general rule, it’s better than Houston’s or any place in Kanab.

However, T, regarding a steak for dinner, the two places in Torrey are hands down better than The Pines, Ruby’s, or the Thunder Bird if you’re looking for a New York or a Ribeye. For pie…….. maybe not. I’d give the nod to The Pines for pie.

Oh, it’s a complicated deal T, worse than stressing over a LE Elk tag. ?

Mom’s Cafe???
Use$ to be one of my favorites but I’ve tried it a handful of times since it changed hands (that’s been years ago) and each time I came out disappointed, if not needing to hit the first station afterwards. It’s never been the same since Mom sold out. Maybe Lumpy will remember but didn’t Mom die shortly after selling it?

Mom’s Cafe???
For green salad???

It’s one the hillbilly hang out I referred to earlier. Another historic used-ta-be. Sad.

Add to the “Sad” list:
Cowboy Corral, Elsinore
Koosharem Cafe, Koosharem sad but improving.
Sun Glow, Bicknell
Antimony Merc, Antimony trying but….
Bowery Haven, Fish Lake
Hoovers, Hoovers
Big Rock Candy Mountain, consistency, not so much

Use$ to be one of my favorites but I’ve tried it a handful of times since it changed hands (that’s been years ago) and each time I came out disappointed, if not needing to hit the first station afterwards. It’s never been the same since Mom sold out. Maybe Lumpy will remember but didn’t Mom die shortly after selling it?
Yes, so did the gentleman she sold it to, after a few years. The next owner was there and gone in a flash and the current one is struggling, IMO. Never be like the Original Mom’s again. Scrambled eggs and French toast is hard to screw up so the breakfast and dinner salad is still tolerable but the rest of the menu……….. really rough. The cowboys from the sales barn and the truckers still eat there…….. Denny’s is gross and there’s no other choice.

I’m not suggesting all these old haunts are not owned by good people anymore, some definitely are but all cooks and all owners are not created equal.

Here’s what I’m saying, Chef Blank takes, flour, butter, sausage,milk, salt and pepper and makes biscuits and gravy…. serves it on a paper plate and it tastes incredible, 2Lumpy takes the exact same ingredients, from the same bag of flour, brick of butter, package of sausage, carton of milk, same shaker of salt and pepper,…. serves it on Bone China and it tastes like dog sh!t.

Sad………. but still the truth, like it or not. ?

Probably going to get poisoned now, word travels at fiber optic speed down here too….

Lumpy, How is the grill in Ace Hardware in Richfield?
I generally limit it to their biscuits and gravy, served until 11:00 a.m. which I think are the best you can get within a 100 mile radius. Biscuits are always fresh and warm, baked every morning. The gravy is “usually” piping hot, creamy and plenty of sausage. Price is $3.95 for a single $5.95 for a double, I think. Medium Diet Coke is free with a b&g, on Saturday morning.

Absolutely no complaints on the b&q there.

I can hardly look a hamburger of any kind. In the eye, even at home, anymore, but if I were to want one, Larsen Ace has good ones, that you season with what every you want from 10-15 different salts and seasoning, put it on the grill conveyer and it cook’s it’s self, in about 4 minutes. In the mean time, you put your bun on the toaster. By the time the burger is done, the bun is toasted too. Add what ever kind of accessories to it from a good variety of sauces, and always fresh vegetables. The buns are large and fresh, the burger is large, it’s always cooked medium, and priced medium as well. My wife always orders their French fired green beans.

It’s not a restaurant, by any stretch but lots of locals eat breakfast and lunch there, it’s closed after 3:00 p.m.

Next time you’re in town, let me know and I’ll be more than happy to buy your lunch there……

I went out this morning to get firewood right at daybreak and I heard a bird chirp for the first time since about September. The other day we noticed a Rufus Hummingbird at the feeder, so the migration is on.

Here in ‘da hood, I’m calling a top finally at 197%. :oops: High yesterday was 28*, and next week it’ll be 70*.:cool:

Now the runoff. I’m gunna put a trail camera by the river so maybe I can catch a pic of my cabin floating by.:(

Another notch in the snowshovel. I was beginning to wonder if I would make it thru this one.

6E1E109C-7155-4279-894E-1F85229B9785.png

25 this morning outside of Reno. I was planning a moving trip up North. Not for another couple weeks, or months. Got most of my junk packed and loaded. Even the boss is gonna have to pull a trailer.

I met a very famous Utah feller there one time....He cheated me out of buying breakfast.
He told me you got back at him.

I’m not sure it’s worth a 30 mile round trip to Larson’s Ace…… unless you insist on B&G.

There's so much snow in California I'm a little worried about all the extra weight. California was at the tipping point as it is.

25 this morning outside of Reno. I was planning a moving trip up North. Not for another couple weeks, or months. Got most of my junk packed and loaded. Even the boss is gonna have to pull a trailer.
That sounds serious. Don't forget to take your computer and MM log in information.

51 inside the house this morning. Doesn't bother me, but the boss was a bit irate. Even after she was the one that left the windows open.

Will be 85 and sunny here, today.

Buddy who has a spread outside of Bozeman said he got over a foot and a half of snow over the past couple of days. More predicted for tomorrow. He's jumping on a plane later today to comve visit for a long weekend of golf. ;) ?

Seems like for the last month or more we've been 55 deg at night and 65 deg during the day. Will probably stay close to that for the next month or two.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom