Tent recommendations please

Mlopez

Im wanting to expand my hunting throughout NM as there are many opportunities in different parts of the state that ive never experienced. Usually i use a large tent for early season hunts such as pronghorn. Deer and Elk i usually hunt close to home but would love to hunt in other areas that arent close to home. Our hunting party is usually at least two people but sometimes could be 4-5 people. Ive been considering a couple different tents. Wondering if anybody has any pros or cons on either of these or if someone can recommend something else it would be greatly appreciated.

If we're fortunate enough to draw any tags, the tent would primarily be used during October - November for Deer and Elk, possibly August for pronghorn and possibly November - December for Aoudad.

Tents im looking at are:
White Duck Tents: no specific model
Cabelas: Alacnac tents

gracias

I bought the white duck bell tent last year. Fairly easy to set up by yourself, and plenty of room inside!

20221017_214027.jpg

I bought a large Kodiak canvas tent about five years ago. It held up to 40 to 50 mph winds and all night drenching downpours without leaking at all. They also have a new wall tent that accommodates a wood burning stove for the best price I have seen around.

I highly recommend them

I bought a large Kodiak canvas tent about five years ago. It held up to 40 to 50 mph winds and all night drenching downpours without leaking at all. They also have a new wall tent that accommodates a wood burning stove for the best price I have seen around.

I highly recommend them

Second

I have an alaknak. Its okay, some quality control issues. I saw a wall tent on Costco online. I would have bought that one if I had to do it again.

A few years ago i got a Springbar with the Stove. Great tent. help up in the rain and wind. I don't use the stove much, instead use a buddy heater. Love it. Easy to set up by yourself and plenty of room for everyone.

I highly recommend them
ive heard nothing but good stuff on the Kodiaks. Thank you for recommending them

Once you get the hang of it, a big canvas wall tent isn’t too bad to set up. By myself I can do it in about 45 min to an hour. With one other person, it’s about half that. Well worth it though, nothing like the comfort of a wall tent with a wood burning stove. Especially late season when it’s cold. I prefer it over my camper all day long.
IMG_4175.jpeg
IMG_4261.jpeg

A few years ago i got a Springbar with the Stove. Great tent. help up in the rain and wind. I don't use the stove much, instead use a buddy heater. Love it. Easy to set up by yourself and plenty of room for everyone.
which model of Springbar are you using? ive heard great stuff about Springbar tents

Once you get the hang of it, a big canvas wall tent isn’t too bad to set up. By myself I can do it in about 45 min to an hour. With one other person, it’s about half that. Well worth it though, nothing like the comfort of a wall tent with a wood burning stove. Especially late season when it’s cold. I prefer it over my camper all day long. View attachment 124168View attachment 124169
what brand are you using, looks awesome! nice mulies by the way! very nice bucks!

is this the Regatta model? ive heard these have a ton of room inside. what kind of stove do use inside?

Yes, the regatta. The stove is just one of the big pot bellied wood stoves you can buy at Cabelas. I really like it and it sets up fairly fast, even by yourself. Lot's of room...

which model of Springbar are you using? ive heard great stuff about Springbar tents
I got a classic Jack 140. I got this one for a few reasons. It was large enough to bring all the kids and be comfortable. It had a stove, which I don’t use anymore, so I could keep the kids warm. And most importantly I could put the tent up by myself because I knew I would get zero help from the kids.

I have a buddy looking to sell "like new" MSR Habitude 6 and a Cabelas Quad Pole Dome 4 Season Tent. Shoot me a PM if you're interested I can pass along his contact info. If he says they are "like new"; they are. Located in ABQ.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom