Thanks NM for holding my money hostage

schmalts

I appears that after the application deadline NM feels it is OK to now change the rules for the Sheep and exotics nonresident quota. Meaning that the best case is for 1 NR sheep tag. Plus Oryx and Ibex to be cut as well. I could care less about the new rules but only an idiot cannot understand that when someone fronts $3000 for a sheep tag with published odds and quota and then the rules change between the app deadline and drawing we are going to be pissed that out cash is now tied up until after the drawing for next to impossible odds.

Yeh they totally screw us all/non-ressy's AFTER the application date closed they change the rules...

Pure Bullshit.

Robb

I advise anyone who is capable of dumping the whole application to call your credit card company and file a dispute to get your money refunded. Tell them you paid for something that was advertised much differently.

Well you guys have known for several years that this might change, you took a chance and now it is a done deal.
Don't worry you will get your money back.

I think that the least they could do is let the draw happen as it was set up to draw this year. We need a nonres. lawyer to take the case to the supreme court . I think its B>S> that the Non Res gets Screwed again . We are right back to 1 nonres. tag

>Well you guys have known for
>several years that this might
>change, you took a chance
>and now it is a
>done deal.
>Don't worry you will get your
>money back.
Really? Wow! Why did they wait till after application deadline?

What do you mean by one non-res tag? prior to the extra desert units opening up, there was and has only been one res/non-res desert sheep tag since probably the early 90's and a non-res has drawn it every year!

Guys I know the frustration, I have been applying for sheep tag in NM since that early 80's and still have not drawn one, and I may never draw one but at least I know I have a better chance drawing one knowing that there is finally a quota in place for residents. Sheep quotas and tags have come full circle and now it's time for residents to hunt sheep.

264mag, this decision has been sitting in courts for 3 years or so, and it just so happened that it got overturned, ask Jamaro how many times I have emailed him about this subject, and asked about it being done before the regs. come out so that all can see what has been finalized, unfortunately for non res. the decision was recent.

>What do you mean by one
>non-res tag? prior to the
>extra desert units opening up,
>there was and has only
>been one res/non-res desert sheep
>tag since probably the early
>90's and a non-res has
>drawn it every year!
>
>Guys I know the frustration, I
>have been applying for sheep
>tag in NM since that
>early 80's and still have
>not drawn one, and I
>may never draw one but
>at least I know I
>have a better chance drawing
>one knowing that there is
>finally a quota in place
>for residents. Sheep quotas and
>tags have come full circle
>and now it's time for
>residents to hunt sheep.
Well let's make it fair 50 resident sheep tags at $60.00 a tag that way a lot more hunters that don't have a lot of coin can have a chance also.

I fronted over 6k for 4 species. Yes, I'm PO'd. I'll be needing a full refund including app fees or a tag!! Then, Adios NM!!!!

>264mg for your information we have
>to front 161.00 for rocky
>and desert sheep tags

I think their worth the $3000.00 I put in for them, how about you?

I would be willing to fork over 3000 for a NM sheep tag. Just because I want to hunt sheep. and just like I want to hunt sheep in AZ,NV,UT,MT,OR,WA,ID,TX,WY and yes I front those fees if need be to draw.

I fronted them 7600 bucks...the way I look at it I entered into a legal contract with NM...I checked agree to terms and agreements based on thier posted rules. I abide by thier rules and so should they. The game and fish could have easily said we will impose this change in the next draw cycle. The res's would be happy for the changes and the non res's would'nt feel like they got raped. These are legal procedures and not some girl who decides she doesnt want to date you. I hope some bored hunting lawyer jams them this is total last minute chickenshit.

NM has screwed nonres every which way but loose. In a tax poor state like NM you would think they would actually be intetested in generating some funds. Wyoming has premium draws for antelope and such...they should at least if the non res wants to dig deep have some kind of way to draw. I would pay 5,000 for a once in a lifetime Ibex hunt.

I talked to non-res friend of mine today who has helped many people get thier Ibex say "I feel like somebody stole my dream"

Did anyone use an outfitter to apply? There was no advantage when applications were due. Now what happens to the 10%? Did a few with "insight" just get the fast track to a tag?

>Did anyone use an outfitter to
>apply? There was no advantage
>when applications were due. Now
>what happens to the 10%?
>Did a few with "insight"
>just get the fast track
>to a tag?
I have never been given that option for BHS and would have used that option, but I get that option for everything else.

They already have a form letter response: "The Department is accessing impacts and options to hunters that applied for bighorn sheep, ibex and oryx. Once the Department has determined the best course of action, we will notify the public regarding any changes?to the application or draw process for these species.?Notification of any changes will be sent to the media and published on our website."

Seems like a cool well thought out statement rather than the knee-jerk one they sent to nonresidents via emails yesterday celebrating how they took money from us after misleading the tag numbers before the deadline.

Just because they say they are addressing it doesn't mean we shouldn't continue to express displeasure until it's final. The spokesperson for NM Fish and Game is Rachel Shockley. Please email [email protected] and share your feeling. Taking 1 min might be the difference in you getting a tag.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-26-14 AT 03:30PM (MST)[p]We been getting screwed for 40yrs and all the non residents are bitchin about 20 bucks and out some money for a couple months. Its about time NM took care of thier own now if we could just get the tags away from the outfitters cause that is a bigger bunch of BS. How can the outfitters get more tags then the general non resident pool? Explain the logic there.

>LAST EDITED ON Mar-26-14
>AT 03:30?PM (MST)

>
>We been getting screwed for 40yrs
>and all the non residents
>are bitchin about 20 bucks
>and out some money for
>a couple months. Its about
>time NM took care of
>thier own now if we
>could just get the tags
>away from the outfitters cause
>that is a bigger bunch
>of BS. How can the
>outfitters get more tags then
>the general non resident pool?
>Explain the logic there.

As a nonresident I do care about residents. I would rather see the NR Outfitter sponsored tags go to residents than to the outfitter pool just because of how wrong it is to subsidize a private business with public resources.

Just got a email from NMDGF stating that you can get "ALL" for money back including applications fees if you go on the web site and delete your application before April 18th.

However, this isn't a done deal yet as someone may challenge this decision and take it to court.

Scratch

Media contact: Rachel Shockley, (505) 476-8071
Public contact: (888) 248-6866
[email protected]

REVISED: CORRECTED PHONE NUMBER
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE, MARCH 26 2014:

APPLICANTS FOR BIGHORN SHEEP, ORYX AND IBEX HUNTING LICENSES ELIGIBLE FOR FULL REFUNDS

SANTA FE ? Hunters who applied for bighorn sheep, oryx or ibex licenses for the 2014-15 seasons and are unsuccessful in the drawings will be eligible for full refunds of application fees and license fees, the Department of Game and Fish announced Wednesday.

Application fees normally are nonrefundable whether a license applicant is successful or not. This year?s departure from that practice is in response to Monday?s ruling in U.S. District Court that vacated a 1977 injunction that prohibited the Department from applying preferential quotas that benefitted state residents in drawings for bighorn sheep, oryx and ibex licenses. The injunction allowed nonresidents to enjoy the same odds as residents when applying for those species.

Because of Monday?s ruling, the Department will begin applying the same quotas this year to bighorn sheep, oryx and ibex applications as it applies to deer, elk, pronghorn antelope and Barbary sheep. According to those quotas, 84 percent of licenses are allocated to New Mexico residents, 6 percent are allocated to nonresidents, and 10 percent are allocated to applicants ? residents and nonresidents ? who use New Mexico outfitters.

Applicants for bighorn sheep, oryx and ibex who choose not to participate in the new quota system must delete their applications by April 18. Applications can be deleted through online accounts or by telephone toll-free, (888) 248-6866.

?The Department determined that it will be most equitable to refund the normally nonrefundable application fees to applicants who are unsuccessful or who choose to withdraw their application due to changes resulting from the recent court decision, and to comply immediately with state law,? Department General Counsel Allison Marks said.

Because the option to apply with outfitters was not offered on this year?s application forms, hunters who would like to designate a valid outfitter will be able to do so and join the 10 percent license allocation pool. To add a New Mexico outfitter to an application, the applicant will be required to call the Department and provide the application number, customer identification number and the outfitter number no later than April 18.

The court ruling prompted the Department to delay this year?s drawing by approximately one week. Drawing results will be available no later than April 30.

For more information about the drawing, refunds and the application process, please call the Department toll-free, (888) 248-6866.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Questions?
Contact Us
STAY CONNECTED:

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES:
Manage Preferences | Unsubscribe | Help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This email was sent to [email protected] using GovDelivery, on behalf of: New Mexico Department of Game & Fish ? PO Box 25112 ? Santa Fe, NM 87504 ? (505) 476-8000

New Mexico Department of Game and Fish
Media contact: Rachel Shockley, (505) 476-8071
Public contact: (888) 248-6866
[email protected]

REVISED: CORRECTED PHONE NUMBER
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE, MARCH 26 2014:

APPLICANTS FOR BIGHORN SHEEP, ORYX AND IBEX HUNTING LICENSES ELIGIBLE FOR FULL REFUNDS

SANTA FE ? Hunters who applied for bighorn sheep, oryx or ibex licenses for the 2014-15 seasons and are unsuccessful in the drawings will be eligible for full refunds of application fees and license fees, the Department of Game and Fish announced Wednesday.

Application fees normally are nonrefundable whether a license applicant is successful or not. This year?s departure from that practice is in response to Monday?s ruling in U.S. District Court that vacated a 1977 injunction that prohibited the Department from applying preferential quotas that benefitted state residents in drawings for bighorn sheep, oryx and ibex licenses. The injunction allowed nonresidents to enjoy the same odds as residents when applying for those species.

Because of Monday?s ruling, the Department will begin applying the same quotas this year to bighorn sheep, oryx and ibex applications as it applies to deer, elk, pronghorn antelope and Barbary sheep. According to those quotas, 84 percent of licenses are allocated to New Mexico residents, 6 percent are allocated to nonresidents, and 10 percent are allocated to applicants ? residents and nonresidents ? who use New Mexico outfitters.

Applicants for bighorn sheep, oryx and ibex who choose not to participate in the new quota system must delete their applications by April 18. Applications can be deleted through online accounts or by telephone toll-free, (888) 248-6866.

?The Department determined that it will be most equitable to refund the normally nonrefundable application fees to applicants who are unsuccessful or who choose to withdraw their application due to changes resulting from the recent court decision, and to comply immediately with state law,? Department General Counsel Allison Marks said.

Because the option to apply with outfitters was not offered on this year?s application forms, hunters who would like to designate a valid outfitter will be able to do so and join the 10 percent license allocation pool. To add a New Mexico outfitter to an application, the applicant will be required to call the Department and provide the application number, customer identification number and the outfitter number no later than April 18.

The court ruling prompted the Department to delay this year?s drawing by approximately one week. Drawing results will be available no later than April 30.

For more information about the drawing, refunds and the application process, please call the Department toll-free, (888) 248-6866.

Questions?
Contact Us
STAY CONNECTED:

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES:
Manage Preferences | Unsubscribe | Help

I guess just wait and see before withdrawing? For 6% to yield one tag with standard rounding, 9 tags is required. For 10% to yield a tag, 5 tags is required with standard rounding. No ram hunt has that many tags. Maybe they will take the percentage of the total and cap each pool like other states? Maybe they will change their mind again?

I just talked with a nice lady at the F&G and she said the money will not be refunded until after the drawing. So I immediately called my credit card company and got the charges pulled and will not pay interest. When she asked why I am disputing the charge I told her that the merchant sent me a email telling me the availability of the product has drastically changed from when I purchased it. If you need your money back now for other states I would not wait.

FYI - We just spoke to the Department and here is your answer on Bighorn Sheep.

The NMDGF has been mandated by court order to apply the quota, as written in statute, to Bighorn sheep, Oryx, and Ibex for 2014-2015. That means that the quota must be applied as the law indicates which will NOT provide for any NR ram tags this year. In order to change this predicament for subsequent years the rule must be changed within the hunt code.

Also please note for Oryx and Ibex, if you have contracted with an Outfitter YOU must call (not the Outfitter) and have the outfitter number added to your application in order to be added to the outfitter pool. (888)248-6866

I sent in $9000 for me and my 2 kids to apply for sheep plus the other species.
Damn! Now no non residents even have a chance at a tag?

flyingbrass
cold dead hands
NRA Life Member

>
> That's
>not what they told me
>today, she said their is
>chance to draw a ram
>tag.

Yeah just like the chance that are dip Sh*t president will use his head!

They got your money. They are likely to keep it longer than you expected. They really don't know what they are going to do or be forced to do. They should have figured it out a long time ago and put the caveats in the regulation book if they knew this might be coming. Anyway, if you are in, might as well stay in now. No nonresident tags is the most likely scenario but no change is likely more likely than your odds of getting a tag had nothing happened. I think they should immediately refund everyone's money for the affected species, figure it out, then open a new draw up under the new rules later...

LAST EDITED ON Mar-28-14 AT 10:16AM (MST)[p]I just talked to NMG&F and they are not giving any money back until they have the draw, the lady said that a lot of New Mexico residents are happy about the law change. I'm sure they are but it doesn't make it any easier that they changed this mid-stream, which she didn't seem to think was a problem. The frustrating thing is they can't even tell you what the odds are or if there will even be a tag available for NR. Their lawyer's name is Allison Marks (888) 248-6866 if some attorney wants to contact her I'd throw in some money.

Even after NMFG refunds my app fees and license, they're still going to owe me $120 in credit card interest. Would you not whoop somebody's ass, or at least call the cops if someone took that out of your wallet? Of course you would, ITS A CRIME.
They're either corrupt, incompetent or they live in some kind of parallel universe. And they think its ok huh?, Geez.
I might have to come out there and shoot me a javelina, lope or something for free.

By the way, I'm sticking it out and staying in the draw since they cant seem to do whats right until the draw is over. You never know what they're gonna come up with next anyway.

>Even after NMFG refunds my app
>fees and license, they're still
>going to owe me $120
>in credit card interest. Would
>you not whoop somebody's ass,
>or at least call the
>cops if someone took that
>out of your wallet? Of
>course you would, ITS A
>CRIME.
>They're either corrupt, incompetent or they
>live in some kind of
>parallel universe. And they think
>its ok huh?, Geez.
>I might have to come out
>there and shoot me a
>javelina, lope or something for
>free.
>
>By the way, I'm sticking it
>out and staying in the
>draw since they cant seem
>to do whats right until
>the draw is over. You
>never know what they're gonna
>come up with next anyway.
>

They didn't make you use a credit card. That was your decision and your liable for the interest due.

>>Even after NMFG refunds my app
>>fees and license, they're still
>>going to owe me $120
>>in credit card interest. Would
>>you not whoop somebody's ass,
>>or at least call the
>>cops if someone took that
>>out of your wallet? Of
>>course you would, ITS A
>>CRIME.
>>They're either corrupt, incompetent or they
>>live in some kind of
>>parallel universe. And they think
>>its ok huh?, Geez.
>>I might have to come out
>>there and shoot me a
>>javelina, lope or something for
>>free.
>>
>>By the way, I'm sticking it
>>out and staying in the
>>draw since they cant seem
>>to do whats right until
>>the draw is over. You
>>never know what they're gonna
>>come up with next anyway.
>>
>
>They didn't make you use a
>credit card. That was
>your decision and your liable
>for the interest due.
As a Non Resident I'm over it, I just want my guided archery stink pig tag, you resident's have anything against illegal's killing sheep?they gotta eat too.

Well we just received "updated" word from the Department.

Everything that was posted in post #28 is apparently wrong (although I will defend to the core that, that is what I was told the first time).

Apparently there "might" be a non-resident ram tag after all. And it is also now okay for your Outfitter to call in and add their outfitter number on your behalf.

Bull, my response was to 264mag's comment, and if you think the guys working for Border Patrol is a Joke than you need to deal with them, they put their lives' on the line day in and day out, they are all over down south along the border and they do keep Illegals in check!

What NM should have done ?

If they were ordered by court to apply the decision this year, they should have make the Non-Res quota a statewide affiar, like Idaho for exampple, so after 1 Non-Res draw a tag, the 6% is reached and no other Non-Res can draw.

If under their system that option is still illegal or impossible to implement, they should have offered IMMEDIATE refund to everybody who ask for a refund, INCLUDING all feed and license, not only for the revised species but for all species. I applied for sheep expecting some odds, and I felt I might as well throw another 20$ to apply for deer, in the best units, with steep odds. But I didn't want to pay 85$ for deer only, so I asked for a refund. They will refund the 65$ license, the sheep application fee of 20$, but they are keeping my 20$ deer application fee. And the refund won't come before April 30th, which isn't fair.

I don't blame residents to be happy with the new draw system, it is much more in-line with what the other states are doing. But 2 wrongs don't make a right. And don't tell us that it was coming, that we were taking a chance when sending our 3000$, I for one didn't know about it. So at least they should reimbursed fully and immediately. It is not that hard to credit a card.

I for one will not apply again in NM. I guess in the long run, NM residents will have to pay a lot more for all their tags, not only sheep but elk and mule deer, to make up for the loss of money from Non-Res who will be reluctant to apply for anything in NM.

They knew a ruling was coming soon. They should have figured out the possibilities depending on the outcome and published them in the application booklet!

>They knew a ruling was coming
>soon. They should have figured
>out the possibilities depending on
>the outcome and published them
>in the application booklet!

Yes, then you knew the possibilities.

EVILNR - if you pay 2% for a month of use of money( 24% APR uncompounded) for a recreational activity, you have no business applying to hunt out of state.