Thanks to NM residents

WesternSky

LAST EDITED ON Oct-07-10 AT 11:25AM (MST)[p]I recently had a successful 3 rd archery hunt in the Gila. I wanted to say thanks to the NM residents that I encountered. I have heard horror stories of things being done to non-residents hunting in NM. I was even going to get some old license plates to put over my CO plates on my truck and camper to try to avoid anyones crazy ideas while I was not around.
I met nm people that provided general information and a few that we just shot the breeze with. Everyone was nice and I enjoyed the conversations. I never ran into anyone while in the field(noone else was crazy enough to hunt where i was!) but we would run into guys in the afternoon.
Me and a buddy hunted hard and while none of the information was directly used to harvest my bull it was nice to know my hunting plan was confirmed to be a good one.

Thanks again to NM residents!

Justin

I am glad you had a good time in NM.

In turn I am saddened that there is an impression of NM hunters overall not being "Non-Res Friendly"

We are all sportsmen, and that should be enough to bond us. Yeah I get steamed sometimes toward tag allocation etc, but that beef is with G&F, not other hunters.

Congratulations on your success, now show some pics!!!

NMYB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teach your kids to hunt now, and you won't have to hunt for them later.

Pics are coming. I need to shrink them and then make another post. In the mean time he is a 347 as he is or would have been 370 if his typ side matched.

Glad you had a good hunt and met some of us good Catron Co. New Mexicans,we exist!! Folks here are good,one of the reasons I moved here!! A few give the majority a bad name at times.See you anytime!!

Congrats on your hunt.
I've had nothing but a great time hunting NM.Everyone I met was friendly,helpful and I still keep in touch with a couple of them.
Hurry and post the pictures.Waiting with baited breathe.

Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you think their right"

-Joe E Sikora

That is an awesome bull that will make an awesome mount on the wall. Will you be doing a shoulder or euro? Post some pics of the mount if you have one done. Glad to hear you had such a great time hear in NM

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom