The american huntress

JACOB2006

So I watched a mule deer hunt they did in Corona NM.They all shoot some nice bucks.Heres where the problem comes in, after shooting their trophy's One of the ladies goes back on the same hunt and shoots a management buck.Where do we get these management tags? I thought we were only allowed one tag per person per year?

LAST EDITED ON Dec-15-11 AT 11:07AM (MST)[p]The High Desert Ranch is a high fence operation.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-15-11 AT 12:27PM (MST)[p]You want to deflate your sails after hiking in a little ways to get away from public, then try running into a high fence without knowing it was there.

6 years ago I drew a tag in this unit and ended hiking in to an area in the dark to just check out on day 3 of the hunt. It turns daylight and I am staring at a high fence about 100 yards away........ I wasn't aware of this place and found out that the fence I hit belonged to a high fence operation that might have been this outfit(it was in the same general area as this one). Once daylight hit, it was obvious they didn't want you behind this fence. They made it very very clear with all the signs.

I didn't last long in that location that morning. Something about that fence made me feel like I was cutting myself out of opportunity by hunting that general area so I moved on rather quickly.

Could have been a landowner tag....those are unlimited as long as you have the money for them.

you can only purchase one deer tag private or public. it would have to be a high fence ranch to be able to harvest more than one deer

i watched the 2nd part to their "hunt".....it made me sick to watch them shoot those deer....come on....her cell phone goes off for 20 seconds and the deer did not spook, they looked to be about 30 to 40 yards out..... they might as well have feed them a french fry....

>i watched the 2nd part to
>their "hunt".....it made me sick
>to watch them shoot those
>deer....come on....her cell phone goes
>off for 20 seconds and
>the deer did not spook,
>they looked to be about
>30 to 40 yards out.....
>they might as well have
>feed them a french fry....
>

I am going to be honest....some muleys aren't very smart. Atleast the ones I hunted this year...and they were free range.

Just for the sake of discussion...do you think high fence hunting will hurt or help New Mexico deer hunting??

Just curious what people think?

>Just for the sake of discussion...do
>you think high fence hunting
>will hurt or help New
>Mexico deer hunting??
>
>Just curious what people think?

I cannot see how it could help it. Only way I could see it hurting it is by creating a physical barrier to an area that animals cannot pass in and out of.

Or by the occurance of a breech in said barrier allowing some of their 'tarded farm deer out into the wild blue yonder...who knows what them varmits might be carrying

But I'm sure SOME folks would see that as a good thing...yeppers, Bona Fide High Dollar/Fence genetics ya know! :)

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom