The dumbest chit you've seen this season.

DW

Long Time Member
I've seen some real winners this season. No one is safe in this thread! :D

Here my brilliant buddy thought he'd rather drive my truck into the mudhole rather than the go around it on the nice dry road while I rode the horses to camp. He got to go on a nice 2 mile walk to get his rig to pull mine out!. :D
http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos3/172020151024191452.jpeg
He also drove it out of camp 2 miles before he realized the smoke comin from the rear wheels meant the e-brake was on! I feel a brake job comin on! :D

This idiot thought it would be a good idea to walk down steep, wet, moss covered granite!
http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos3/673420151023110956.jpeg
Ya eel, it's a f'n selfie! Told you "no one" was safe! :D

For these next 2 u need to know we camp at the end of a 4 mile road with no intersecting roads. The morning before the season a guy in an "Absolute Electrical Services" truck thought it would be a good idea to rattle off 20 rounds from his new AR! Now he and his party were afoot and hoped to shoot elk within a mile of where he stood as he fired the next morning! The 100yd walk to his camp gave me a little time to cool off and gather my thoughts. He had his young son with him so I held back from saying what I wanted to so maybe one of his buddies sees this (they showed up after his target practice) and can talk some sense into him.
Then again.... 3 days later one of his buddies drives his fj cruiser up to our camp, gets out, looks around, walks over and says "hey, how do you get out of here?". I tell him turn around, he looks behind him like somebody's comin to collect a debt. I say no, get in your vehicle turn around and go back the way you came in, you're at the end of a dead end road! :D
Then there was the 2 dirt bikers that showed up opening mornin of my deer hunt, 2 miles behind the no motorized vehicle signs! Not hunters, just out f'n around on a Saturday f'n up my deer hunt!

So let's see yours! I fully expect to be 1 uped!

No pics, but the day before the general season my son and I glassed up two nice bucks feeding on a hillside. We put them to bed and then that afternoon we went back to see if they would come out later on to feed. About the time they should have come out 3 idiots hiked right through the canyons the bucks were living in. All three of the idiots/hunters stood up there skylined all night looking through their binoculars for deer while sending the only bucks in the canyon into hiding.

You gotta love the general season!!!

Opening day of first rifle season my friend and I were on a hogback ridge overlooking twin lake in cottenwood basin. Was watching 6 people in a 30 to40 yard span walking back and forth on the edge of the south rim (you can drive to that spot off the Delta/Nucla road and there were 3 vehicles parked). About 5PM 2 shots, 5 min later 2 more shots, another 5 min, 3 shots. 30 min later 3 people went down the side into the basin, I watched them in the bottom and finally lost them in the oak brush. 15 min after they disappeared 11 more shots fired by those that had climbed down, sounded like a small centerfire rifle and a 22. 20 to 30 min later they went back up the side of the canyon, spent what was left of the evening walking back and forth on the rim and fired 1 more shot at sundown then all got in their vehicles and left. Three of them had orange on and three didn't. Don't know what they were shooting at but it wasn't elk.

DW, I don't quite know what to say about that first photo....other than the driver must have been driving like someone else owned it. :D:D

As far as the banged up ear, that's all in a days work. Common battle scars.

I was deer hunting one time and was glassing the other side of a canyon. It was actually across the Trinity River. I picked out about a dozen deer feeding in the oaks. A couple good bucks. All of a sudden they came to full alert and were staring up the mountain. I glassed up on top and there was 2 pickups parked. I saw 4 guys get out and spread out along the road. As soon as the 4 guys started down the mountain, the deer moved to both sides and the hunters walked right on down the mountain past the deer. I bet they were saying "There ain't no deer around here."

Eel

Guns are like parachutes. If you need one and don't have one you probably will never need one again.

Caught a TARD Busting a new Two Track above Timberline in a Closed area!

There was no need to call the Authorities!

Somebody Acting like 'CON'crete is now looking for a New Longblock!

No,it wasn't me that Performed the TUNE-UP!

Go Ahead!

Make Me take it down!

9001hank2.jpg

Was up on the side of a canyon in Idaho 20 years ago. The road/trail in the bottom was nasty with lots of rock and steep.
I hear a four wheeler in the bottom so I look down. I see one four wheeler and six riders all with rifles. Two on the front basket, three on the back rack and one driving. Can not see how they didn't tip the four wheeler over. I decided it would be best to keep a low profile as long as they were in the canyon.

DW, you just made me feel better about the amount of grey hair I have. lol Overton got a 6 wheel drive machine stuck in a sand box once.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

First real issue is you admit to owning an ORD. Thats confessional worthy IMO.

"Courage is being scared to death but
saddling up anyway."

>Opening day of first rifle season
>my friend and I were
>on a hogback ridge overlooking
>twin lake in cottenwood basin.
>Was watching 6 people in
>a 30 to40 yard span
>walking back and forth on
>the edge of the south
>rim (you can drive to
>that spot off the Delta/Nucla
>road and there were 3
>vehicles parked). About 5PM 2
>shots, 5 min later 2
>more shots, another 5 min,
>3 shots. 30 min later
>3 people went down the
>side into the basin, I
>watched them in the bottom
>and finally lost them in
>the oak brush. 15 min
>after they disappeared 11 more
>shots fired by those that
>had climbed down, sounded like
>a small centerfire rifle and
>a 22. 20 to 30
>min later they went back
>up the side of the
>canyon, spent what was left
>of the evening walking back
>and forth on the rim
>and fired 1 more shot
>at sundown then all got
>in their vehicles and left.
>Three of them had orange
>on and three didn't. Don't
>know what they were shooting
>at but it wasn't elk.
>

Uh, grouse?

1911 worst part is I'm only 48! As old buzzard head says, it ain't the years boys, it's the miles! The ord's never been stuck with the grey haired captain at the wheel! :D

Had a trail camera on a waterhole for about a month before the archery season started. About a week into the season some idiot sets up his trail cam right next to ours and if that wasn't dumb enough it had a padlock on it but it was only attached to the post with a nylon strap!
A week before that while we were sitting in our blind one morning. The same guy had drove his truck up and down the roads around our blind making as much noise as possible. Eventually he parked his truck on the side of the road Behind were we were sitting and got in and out of his truck slamming the doors until we left.
Then to top it all off on the rifle hunt we were driving down the road and came around the corner and some idiot has a target set up shooting parallel to the road straight at us! Then he was pissed off because we drove down the road and he had to stop shooting!
The amount of idiot in the world just amazes me!

A buddy shot a nice 3x3 at first light on opening morning of the general rifle hunt in Utah. The buck was hanging out with a tiny little forky. The forky didn't want to leave his dead buddy. We were trying to scare him off while gutting the 3x3, but he wouldn't leave. Pretty soon a big convoy of pumpkins pull up on the road about 200 yards from us. We put our vests up high in the trees so they could see the orange. Well....The little forky was too much of a temptation and a firing squad lined up and emptied their rifles with us as a nice backdrop. We climbed under the dead buck and prayed we would live through it. the bullets were whizzing through the trees right above us. They finally stopped after about 20 shots. The little forky didn't even get hit and finally ran off into the trees and the convoy moved on.

I haven't been on a general Utah rifle hunt since that time and I probably never will again.

While reading these posts I laughed and then cried and then laughed some more. The stories sound all too familiar!

I could share a couple but I'll plead the 5th. LOL

Zeke

Did you have to Ask DW?:D

On the SJ This year!

Jr is Driving one morning at the Crack of Daylight & I've got my Window down!

I get this Big Ole 500" Bugle in My Ear!

Jr looks at me,I look at Him & We both said:That's a TARD!

Told Jr to lock it up!

I answer back with a Few Cow Calls out the Truck Window!

Then told Jr to carry on!

Just as we start pulling away we Notice a Bull Turn & Haul Ass on the other side!:D

That TARD probably wasn't too Happy with me!

But Don't ever Bugle in my Ear as I'm headed down the Road in a Truck!:D

Go Ahead!

Make Me take it down!

9001hank2.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Nov-26-15 AT 07:53AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Nov-26-15 AT 07:51?AM (MST)

Not this year, but the worst of my hunting life happened during the 2014 gen rifle deer hunt on the La Sals. Close friend of mine that I've spent a year bringing into hunting for the first time at age 33 is on his first ever deer hunt. Shoots a small 3 point behind the shoulder and the deer drops and gets to dying. Another Hunter one hill over takes off toward the deer, pulls his Glock out of the holster, shoots the buck in the neck, and hurriedly tags the buck. When my friend gets there the guy refuses to relinguish the deer, claims it was wounded and he got the kill shot, and starts getting all twitchy fingered at his pistol holster.

You have never seen a new hunter more turned off to the sport than my buddy in that moment. Disgusted.

Fortunately, he got back in the saddle this year and killed his first buck at age 34. But it was touch and go there for a while whether he'd ever hunt again.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom