The sky is falling!!! Not

txhunter58

Long Time Member
Ok, the times they are definately a changing and I am all in defending my right to bear arms, but I haven't bought any ammunition or powder since this whole thing began. As stated elsewhere, Obama is the best salesman for guns in a long time! And yet, sounds like you can't hardly buy ammo or powder right now. As happened the last time, I feel sure the manufacturers will ramp up, doing round the clock production and get things back eventually. Thank goodness this is not happening in September! My plan is to wait till people stockpile and then swoop in and get some deals. Hopefully it won't take as long this time since they are probably still stocked up from the last go round. And I am ready to do what it takes to fight this latest run on the second amendment. But the sky is not falling.

Of course that is the opinion of a Texan. If I lived in New York, I might feel differently!

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

there are a ton of idiots out buying basic run-of-the-mill $600 AR's for $2000.

I'll let those people go crazy and wait for things to return to normalcy.

People are worried about a TAX on ammo.
I think it is being proposed in several States.

Also, the Mayor of Chicago....taking the state retirement money OUT of funds that invest in Gun Companies and Ammo Companies, is a large concern.

These things drive up the cost.

Hey Travis, are you saying that there will once again be $600 AR's available..? I was under the impression that a ban meant they would no longer be able to sell AR's..? (Once they define them).

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

I couldn't agree more tx!
The last time this happened I was gearing up for a once in a lifetime hunt and couldn't find the normal primers I was using in my pet load. I had to find them in some dinky sporting good store 100 mile away, and then I had to pay 20 times what they were worth.
It is sad to say, but sometimes our hysteria creates more problems for us than the problem itself.

My eyes and ears are wide open to the gun issue, but I refuse to jerk my knees in response!

No, the only thing to fear is Diane Finestine and friends... just look up you'll see her up in the sky.

I account for and fight against Diane F, but I do not fear her. Carry out our mission, but if we get caught up in fear, it will go south. We have to fight them with truth and logic and manpower and votes, not fear

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

So you're saying that AR's are not going to be banned then..?

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

That's what I am saying. There are not currently enough votes in the Senate to pass an "assault weapons" ban, and I doubt they will find enough. For example, both of the Democrat senators from here in Montana know it would be political suicide to vote for this, and one of them is up for re-election next year. There are other democratic senators in the same boat from throughout the country. Then, even if it passes the Senate, I see no way whatsoever that it passes the Republican controlled House of Representatives.

Mark
muledeer.jpg

My hunting spot is so secret, not even the elk have found it yet.

Pure craziness. The plane I was crewing broke down in Minot, ND for 3 days this week, so we decided to check out the Scheel's there. They had 100 boxes of American Eagle .223 for $39.99 and I picked up 440 rounds. The 20 round boxes were going for 7.99 and some yahoo here in NM has the same rounds for sale at 20 bucks a box. Wish we had one of those stores here...great to see some places aren't out to gouge.

A guy in my area has a Ruger 556 listed in the paper for $4300. A ban is gonna be tough sledding. Hope everyone that bought an overpriced AR is as happy as the guy that sold it to them. mtmuley

Ban, probably not, but maybe. Extensive background checks and registration, probably. Ban on high capacity magazines, likely.

Good points txhunter - I am playing the same "wait and see" game myself. This happened in 2008 when he was elected the first time. I was working at Sportsman's Warehouse at the time - it was challenging, but the market bounced back.

In the meantime - I still have that BH 209 if you are interested. PM me and we can arrange a meet.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

I agree with you all. I have been able to find stuff as places get it in almost everyday. You just have to make a little extra effort to be there when a store opens. I told myself I would not give into the price gouging and I know when it does settle down I wont feel bad I took it in the backside for some primers or powder.

Yesterday Obama once again floated the idea of banning lead bullets through the EPA.

This man is going to infringe on our 2a rights one way or the other, he is that determined. If he can't get it through congress, he'll weasel his way around it. He is bound and determined to bring this country to it's knees.

Did someone once mention enemies foreign and DOMESTIC?

LAST EDITED ON Jan-29-13 AT 04:16PM (MST)[p]Saw this on Facebook thought I would share.

A local gun shop here went to Texas for Industry meetings for the gun shortages. This is what they were told and they posted it to their face book page. I copied it and now I'm going to paste here. ( told them I was doing so) They also said that there would be more updates *shrugs*
Here you go. From their page:

Status Update
By Valley Guns II
Attention F.B. fans: to follow will be several IMPORTANT Info updates about the status of the gun industry currently, followed by an INVENTORY UPDATE: 1) We traveled to Texas for Industry meetings concerning the shortages, here's what we were told. Smith & Wesson-is running at Full capacity making 300+ guns/day-mainly M&P pistols. They are unable to produce any more guns to help with the shortages. RUGER: Plans to increase from 75% to 100% in the next 90 days. FNH: Moving from 50% production to 75% by Feb 1st and 100% by March 1. Remington-Maxed out! Armalite: Maxed out. DPMS: Can't get enough parts to produce any more product. COLT: Production runs increasing weekly...bottle necked by Bolt carrier's. LWRC:Making only black guns, running at full capacity...can't get enough gun quality steel to make barrels. Springfield Armory: Only company who can meet demand but are running 30-45 days behind.

AMMO: Every caliber is now Allocated! We are looking at a nation wide shortage of all calibers over the next 9 months. All plants are producing as much ammo as possible w/ of 1 BILLION rnds produced weekly. Most is military followed by L.E. and civilians are third in line. MAGPUL is behind 1 MILLION mags, do not expect any large quanties of magpul anytime soon. RELOADERS!!!!

ALL Remington, Winchester, CCI & Federal primers are going to ammo FIRST. There are no extra's for reloading purposes....it could be 6-9 months b/f things get caught up. Sorry for the bleek news, but now we know what to expect in the coming months. Stay tuned, we'll keep you posted. To follow is our inventory update for 1/26/13. Please share this info with your shooting buddies. Shoot safe!

>Yesterday Obama once again floated the
>idea of banning lead bullets
>through the EPA.
>
>This man is going to infringe
>on our 2a rights one
>way or the other, he
>is that determined. If he
>can't get it through congress,
>he'll weasel his way around
>it. He is bound and
>determined to bring this country
>to it's knees.
>
>Did someone once mention enemies foreign
>and DOMESTIC?

Do you have a link/info about the lead bullets?..
horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom