The Thunder Rolls!!

sageadvice

Long Time Member
For the past hour or so, we up here in Plumas Co. been having a major thunder storm. My tv ain't buzzing and i haven't seen any lightning but, no doubt, there's been some. We already had our share of fires this season. The high school baseball field looked like a military base for a month or more. As much as i'd like to see some of this timber country burn off some to open up the habitat, we don't NEED any more fires this year.

Anybody hear of any new fires getting started and how's things in your neck of the woods?

Joey

Eel thanks!, Hate to say it but i'm a little concerned. These dry storms like this historically have been some of the worst as far as lightning strikes go.

There have been a few drops of rain, darn few, but they're big as dimes and might chip paint when they land. lol
Also, the thunder is coming from the South West, directly on the path of the prevailing winds.

They're still boombing. I hate this! We need the rain. good ol, comming down like a cow peeing on a flat rock, rain!

Joey

"There have been a few drops of rain, darn few, but they're big as dimes and might chip paint when they land. lol"

Joey, not funny! I'm in the middle of painting my house. I don't need chipped paint! LOL! It's going good. Thanks for your expert advise. My bowhunting spot is closed at least until Sept.1, so I think I'll finish by then. It's just me and my brush, so it's kinda slow.:) Especially with a full time job.

Eel

chance of a dose of rain later wensday from a low pressure system in Northern Ca!
rm

>Eel's so poor he wont even
>pay attension.

I don't mind spending money, but I sure hate throwing it away.:)

Jim, you getting excited about your deer hunt yet?

Rack, you been dreaming? I hope you're right!

Eel

LAST EDITED ON Aug-16-08 AT 09:00PM (MST)[p]Jingow, i ain't got a clue if Eel gotta buck or a million but if he could fit his personality in that wallet of his and then stood on it, he'd be about 8 foot tall! lol

Eel, Thanks! i bet you're doing a good job! Sucks that your season is messed up from fires. Get a good one if you get a chance!

Rack, Thanks for the report! Did you or have you before, ever been by that place outa Adin on smoke creek that i mentioned, good for camping over night-fishing, on that other thread? That buck you took couple years ago up in X-1, was a toad!!

Joey

I was out on the lake yesterday afternoon when the storm started to brew showing them the lake. I saw one lightning strike towards Westwood. After the small rainfall last night, there is a wonderful smell in the air this morning.

There were some new starts down near Tioga Pass from the lightening yesterday, but it looks like they got em hooked already. We had some thunder heads here in the Truckee area yesterday, but nothing came of them.

Eel I think I'm still a little in dis belief. I keep staring at the tag and pinching myself. It's getting close so I need to get prepared.

Larrbo, Yeah, it's kinda nice to get those afternoon showers. When i was a kid up here years ago, seemed like it would storm up most every afternoon for a couple hours, then get nice again for the evening fishing. Nothing like the fresh smell of this country after a nice little shower.

Litch, sounds like you got your finger on the vein of what's going on in the forset fire dept. Glad to hear the report! Thanks!!

Jingow, ...and just what might that tag that is making you so anxious be? elk?

Glad somebody has good tags. Larrbo gonna kill a stud mack daddy outa x5b. I'm probable gonna again end up passing on the only dink buck i see in the C zones.lol!

Joey

>>Eel's so poor he wont even
>>pay attension.
>
>I don't mind spending money, but
>I sure hate throwing it
>away.:)
>
>Jim, you getting excited about your
>deer hunt yet?
>
>Rack, you been dreaming? I hope
>you're right!
>
>Eel

Yes Steve.. I am starting to get anxious.. I talked to the taxidemist that mounted the buck I killed last year (I'm very pleased with how my buck came out) and he told me this year should be outstanding. They have had more rain than anyone can remember and the grass, hay, etc. has grown like crazy. I sure hope I connect with a good one. I'm taking my son-inlaw with me this year and he can't hardly wait. He has never gone on a good deer hunt. Should be fun and I am thinking about taking a shotgun and maybe get a day or two of pheasant hunting in. I have always wanted to hunt pheasant in South Dakota.

Jim

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom