There's a tear in my beer :-(

1FastGambler

Oh how I wish I had a Gila archery tag in my pocket!!!

It's been several years since I've drawn my archery Gila tag and it's KILLING ME!

I'm sad and jealous of all the lucky people who get to go enjoy my favorite place on earth to be in September.

I hope none of you jerks kill any of "my" big bulls! haha.

If I hadn't made a career change this summer after 20 years with the same company I would be BEGGING y'all to let me go with you as a free of charge guide, spotter, packer, whatever.

Good luck to all and don't forget to post up pictures and a story as soon as you get home from your elk hunts!

Cheers.

hey, that's my tune...i am in the same boat...haven't drawn elk the past two years but i do have 4 people i am taking elk hunting this year so it's not too bad...daughter and nephew in 16C for cows in November, gf's son in 10 early november cow, and g/f has 52 first rifle for bull...also picked up a leftover deer tag so i will be out in the woods in september...i just miss being out there calling and pulling them in and missing the shot...good luck to everyone going out this season!!!

Been 3 years since my last hunt in 16a, sigh...

This year I threw an attempt in for 9 and got drawn. Seen a few elk while scouting, but NOTHING like I am used to seeing down in our corner of heaven.

Good luck to those starting this weekend ( as are we ). Hopefully the weekend campers won't scare 'em too much.

Here's to a blood trail a mile wide ( be it cow or bull this year as we are LOW on meat ).

NMYB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teach your kids to hunt now, and you won't have to hunt for them later.

I wish I could help you, I have a 16-A 3rd archery tag that's not looking to good as far as getting used. I feel like the luckiest un-lucky man in the world! I drew 2 premier tags in the state but because of lack of work I can't afford the gas to do them. I'm at a point that I may have to chose between my hunt or my wife's 16-B 1st rifle tag. I guess the choice is obvious this is her first elk hunt after all. So she don't have the passion or fever so she can stay home! J/K, She is lucky in that my brother and my niece also drew the same tag so we can all share expenses in that way but, still no money to scout.

The only good thing about no work is there is plenty of time to be on MM forums and to scout/shed hunt in the back yard "unit 43". I found some real nice deer but that don't help me much, I drew 2-B for the late archery hunt. I Guess I will be taking my brother out this weekend for a ranch only hunt on unit 43.

I wish I could say that I too have a tear in my beer but, too broke even for beer!

Good luck to you all and stay safe!

Sorry to hear of your bad luck. I got my first taste of 16A last year and I too will be saddened every fall until I get to enjoy it again. Best of luck to all tag holders this fall.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom