this is some bs

N

nvarcher1987

Its not like the thousands of dollars a year I spend on licenses and tags is enough, now I have to pay 20 dollars a year to be able to use my 4 Wheeler. registration for ATVs in Nevada is now manditory.

How are you coming up with 1000's(plural) in tag and app fees. I made a list of every license/stamp and 3 big game tags, app fees for everything, and couldn't crack a grand.....People have to register their boats, you don't hear them complaining...It's $20 bucks...If you want to play, you pay. I am not pro more government involvement, but maybe if they can figure out how big of an industry/how many people use ohv's in NV, they might have some more ammo to fight the feds??

I apply for tags in more than one state, actually several states, so it does add up to over a thousand. my bad though, made it sound like 10,000 dollars in my first post. I think that this money is just going to go to lining pockets, not anything else.

I agree it's a bunch of bs ya the other states do it also but they also have atv trails, we, or most of us, are stuck to riding truck and jeep trails. But from what I understand if your machine was purchased before july 1st you don't have to registry until next year? Seems like a lot of grey area still

Yep, BS. A tax on the working class only, since only people with jobs have atv's. While the entitlement people get there government check and pay no taxes. The working class is taxed to death, this is just something else they can get us on.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-20-12 AT 04:13PM (MST)[p]>Do non res need a permit?
>

Only if you have a job.

"Go hunt for meat at Walmart."

Its not so much the $20 registration fee they are after.....its the state taxes you have to pay on the machine when you buy it. Used to if you bought out of state you paid no NV taxes on it.
Dealers didnt like everyone going out of state so they started screaming they were losing too much business. If a dealer is not willing to make a resident a good enough deal then he deserves to lose your business IMO.
There was a study done that said that 80% of snow mobiles were bought out of state. If i was a dealer and someone told they could buy it for $1000 less out of state i would of tried to make a deal...most of them just get mad and tell you to go ahead..so..i do!!
I have bought wheelers for ALOT less out of state...includeing gas money, food, time, etc etc. So if a dealer is not going to work with me then i go somewhere else. I have bought a few in state also.
If bought before July 1 2012 you have until July 1 2013 to get the $20 registration. If bought after July 1 2012 you now pay taxes and registration right away.

Gazelle - If your ATV/UTV is registered or certified in another state and is located in this State for not more than 60 days than you would not be required to purchase an NV permit. There is some reciprocity as with other states that require permits for NR hunters, vacationers, and the like.

I hear you Gazelle.

I don't understand why they have to send you the permit / decal in the mail??? I know in Utah they just want your $30.00. Fill out your basic info, DL No., Vin No., pay the money, and then they hand you the decal. LEO sees you have a current permit decal on your rig so he knows you've paid the piper and everyone?s happy.

SOON TO BE BANNED IN NV, UT, CA(OPPS...my bad Cali already has a banned off highway vehicles from BLM, National Forest!) and that permit will be 50.00 next year!

>
>I see no grey. If you'll
>pay 10 or 15 thousand
>for a UTV another 20
>bucks isn't going to make
>or break you. I'm pretty
>sure the working class can
>afford it. Leave the beer
>home next time you go
>out and its covered.
>
>http://nvohv.com/registration/
>
>http://nvohv.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/ohv-flyer.pdf

+1

I guarantee you'll spend more on gas for your atv in one trip than the annual registration cost.

If I can now walk up to an atv that drove all over the country off road and find a traceable registration sticker on it, then I'm all for it. Might be the first step in slowing down all of the idiots that think they have a right to drive all over the countryside whether or not there's a road there.

Its a good point, the only thing is that the idiots will still be idiots. They break the law now why wont they do it in the future.

I would imagine game wardens, along with blm, forest service, and park rangers.

In Arizona, game warden don't issue OHV tickets, only the police do. How many police do you see in the boon docks? I too have purchased my ATV's out of state. My question is, "do I have to pay the back taxes that I didn't pay when I purchased it" to register it?

That is a great question mickey! I've never bought one out of stat but I know quite a few who have and not had to pay the taxes. That would be a real beoch if your $20 permit came with a $500 - $1,000.00 surcharge.

So I'm crystal clear, when I off load my quad in kali, drive it into Nevada and it's registered in Kali, I DON'T need to purchase a Nevada registration?????

For me it's the same as i pay for gas in the quad for 2 trips into the glorious state of nevada, just the hassle of going to Reno to get the registration.

Clear as mud Cali

(NRS 490.082)

With certain exceptions, every owner of an OHV shall register their OHV.

Registration of an off-highway vehicle is not required if the off-highway vehicle:
1. Is owned and operated by:
A federal agency;
An agency of this State; or
A county, incorporated city or unincorporated town in this State;

2. Is part of the inventory of a dealer of off-highway vehicles;
3. Is registered or certified in another state and is located in this State for not more than 60 days;
4. Is used solely for husbandry on private land or on public land that is leased to or used under a permit issued to the owner or operator of the off-highway vehicle;
5. Is used for work conducted by or at the direction of a public or private utility; or
6. Was manufactured before January 1, 1976.

Until NV streamlines the process I will just continue to get a Utah permit every year (since I'll be there anyways). The extra $10.00 to just fill out a minutes worth of paper work, hand them the money, and get handed the permit is worth it. Given my rig is only in NV 59 days a year I don't see there being a problem ;-)

Well at least float tubes don't require one :D

What's the next revenue sticker going to be for?

Aircraft? Horses? Cattle? Strippers?

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom