Thompson Pro Hunter

arzdave

Picked up a t/C pro Hunter .50 in exchange for an unpaid debt. Looking for a suggestion as to loads. I heard things about tight barrels? Thanks in advance

Depending on state laws...I prefer barnes 290 gr in the TEZ (tight bore) sabot config. 250gr are good too.

110-115 gr of BH 209 with Remmy STS primers

This should get you in the ball park for a 1-shot-drop-an-elk in-its-tracks load even past 200 yards.

290 TMZ w/Harverstor yellow sabots and 120 grains (v) of BH209. I use CCI 209M primers. I spit patch between shots as they are tight bored, hence the tight groups.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-16-13 AT 08:14PM (MST)[p]+1

Depending on state laws...I prefer barnes 290 gr in the TEZ (tight bore) sabot config. 250gr are good too.

110-115 gr of BH 209 with Remmy STS primers

This should get you in the ball park for a 1-shot-drop-an-elk in-its-tracks load even past 200 yards.

GOutes

Give the Harvester sabots a try and a Spin-Jag for loading. I use the TMZ because of the better B.C. due to the boattail design. With the Harvester sabots and Spin-Jag, the TMZ will load about as easy as your current TEZ.

Do you have a scope on you ProHunter?I got mine last week and set it up this weekend and there is not much room between the swing hammer and the scope. Maybe I need different rings, high vs. the med rings. Any suggestions??

I shoot the same gun. My setup is a 100gr 777 powder and 250 gr. barnes spitfire tmz. I shoot a fixed 1x scope. Shoots great.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom