Thoughts

Not sure how to take this. I know some of the members personally so with that being said i will say no more.

Lots of details missing. What is the qualification to be part of this group, my guess is as long as you agree with the co-founder

@nfh ask yourself this: Do resident hunters belong to and participate with outfitters in WYOGA?

I think its clear who wyoga represents and your 100 percent right they dont represent resident hunters

This article has me in confusion. They clearly state their mission at the end of the article is to go over rules with the national forest. I truly see this group bringing on other issues which bothers me. I guess we will see

Meeting in the basement of Big Horn Federal Savings Bank in Cody, 18 local men sat in a circle “AA style”...
Hmm, the writer seems to be talking about the beginning of Circle Jerk. After reading the article, it's very clear that this is just a sub-group of WYOGA...the "little people" of WYOGA.

So, Yes, it was a Circle Jerk. Want to have a better Wyoming? Get rid of the welfare Outfitters

Meeting in the basement of Big Horn Federal Savings Bank in Cody, 18 local men sat in a circle “AA style”...
Hmm, the writer seems to be talking about the beginning of Circle Jerk. After reading the article, it's very clear that this is just a sub-group of WYOGA...the "little people" of WYOGA.

So, Yes, it was a Circle Jerk. Want to have a better Wyoming? Get rid of the welfare Outfitters
Have you dragged any new world record mulies out lately?

I think the outfitters who use the day use permit from the USFS is what is the problem. Maybe Buzz can lend some insight as he works for the Agency.

Sounds like a bunch of cry babies stuck in the 1990's..."the good ol days"

In short, they want the government to help them monopolize and control private access to vast amounts of public forest in the form of permits and not allow competition to operate in "there" area.

Total bull sh#t.

I've read the article twice and hard to really understand the intent of this group. Maybe it is just poorly written? Also, I'm not up to speed with what the outfitters laws are in WY, but it sounds like some outfitters are not happy with competition in "their" area? It also sounds like they are trying to get the local resident hunters to side with them by claiming that other competing outfitters are taking away local hunter opportunities.
I have hunted DIY exclusively on public lands in numerous states for over 40 years. In all those years I have always had to contend with guides, outfitters, residents, nonresidents, locals, etc. all wanting to hunt the same areas and resources and all wanting to harvest the best specimen possible. I have never once in my life felt that I was entitled to exclusive access to a certain area.

why not get rid of all outfitters, including the whining circle jerk "little" guys? That would take care of the parasitic welfare leeches and give the wildlife back to the people

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom