Time is Up!

NO, it can't be true.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

OK, now that the deadlione has come and gone, I'd like an opinion I didn't want to ask for before the draw was closed.

My Dad and I elected to go with a guide so we could get in the guide draw. Basic/minimum help, I guess the night before and opening day is required.

Anyways the question is really about Unit 36. My original plan was 2, hard to draw, Unit 16 sub units and a 3rd choice hunt that is nearly 100% in the guide draw. But I was talked into Units 34 or 36. I figured he knew those better. I elected to go 36 1st rifle, then muzzy because of hunt dates. What is your opinion of these 2 hunts.

The unit I really want to draw is my 3rd choice because we have a realistic chance of drawing that tag every 3-5 years on average in the regular draw.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-21-13 AT 09:10AM (MST)[p]

I think 34 is good and I know 36 is really good HOWEVER I haven't been up there since the fires and I don't know really how much damage it did. I will tell you in a couple years, I think 36 will be the best unit in the state after it greens back up! All those res bulls wandering out for fresh groceries, going to be some hammers hitting the dirt for sure.

We are going turkey hunting up there end of April, I'll be in 34 and 36 and take a good look around at current habitat conditions.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom