Time to Boycott Delta Airlines!!!

elks96

Long Time Member
Seriously if any one is flying do not fly Delta! The company came out today saying it will not longer transport trophies from Hunts! Specifically animals from Africa!

I will never consider delta for another flight!

I lived in Zimbabwe and Zambia. These do-gooders who think they are going to save the world by protesting and opposing these hunts have no clue the harm they are doing to the African people.

I understand what you are saying Vanilla, but "hunts" like the one by that dumbass dentist do way more harm than good also. mtmuley

mtmuley,

These tree hugging hypocrites can make it much more difficult for westerners to come and legally harvest these animals in Africa, and then we'll see what the poachers do to the game there. It will not be pretty.

There will always be those that are willing to bend or straight up break the rules. Restricting those that follow the rules because of those people is rarely if ever a good response to that.

As I said, these do-gooders won't bat an eye when people in Zimbabwe are starving to death because of their social media campaigns to save a lion that they didn't even know existed until they opened their twitter feed last week. Good news, though....Jericho is still alive and protecting Cecil's cubs! I don't know what the world would would be like if an alpha lion died or was kicked out of the pride and his cubs were exposed to challengers...

The proper response to this situation is to investigate it, if illegal conduct took place, prosecute them and throw the book at the guilty parties. Delta's (along with others) response will harm wildlife (and people) much more than it will help. That is the reality in Africa.

Add United and American Airlines to your list of those who now say they won't allow trophies to be loaded on their airline.

Africa's kind of a long walk I hear. I've never been, wouldn't u just have the capes and skulls shipped FedEx or similar after tanning?

>Mtmuley, here is a pretty good
>article Time did in the
>story. I thought they
>did a great job reporting.
> I can't say
>if the dentist is a
>dumbass or not, 'cause I
>don't know him. Seems
>like he is paying one
>heck of a price though.
> this fricken country is
>so out of whack these
>days, it absolutely amazes and
>sickens me...
>
>http://time.com/3976344/cecil-lion-zimbabwe-walter-palmer/

And you boys thought the MM jury was rough! :D

+1, Vanilla. Very well said. Knee-jerk reactions are rarely good; and that's exactly what's going on here. People don't bother looking more deeply into a situation. Media reporting causes sensationalism. Things are RARELY the way that media reports. Always there is bias in some form. And the sheep suck it all in and react...

Our politically correct society is sickening anymore...and seems to just keep getting worse.

I snaped this photo while waiting to escape a cesspool of human decay {Philly} the other day.

Do you think he IS a trophy on someones wall by now?

Frontier I belive.

spawn%20114_zpsru8khgle.jpg

That Time article nailed it! I was in Zimbabwe when they were forcing white landowners off their farms by farms and their economy completely crumbled.

That country is in shambles and the people are suffering beyond our comprehension here in the U.S. Hindering any economic boost will be devastating. And I'm one of those people the article speaks about that believes the best counter to poaching in Africa is well-established legal hunting.

That is the first bit of balance I have heard or read. In most criminal cases you commonly hear the term "alleged" but I have rarely heard that term in these stories. I don't know the details of this case, but lion hunting is legal and baiting is legal in most cases. The fact is I can't imagine someone would go to a foreign country planning on illegal hunting. I will say it is a shame that an almost tame lion was killed.

The fact is sport hunting brings millions of dollars to the local economies of africa. Most of the meat goes to feed local people desperate for protein and probably the most important for the wildlife - sport hunting gives the wildlife populations great value and therefore incentive to keep illegal poaching under control.

If there is a market for more ecotourism by all means let it happen, but I seriously doubt that it could fill the void of sport hunting if it were eliminated. It really is a sad time for the wildlife of africa.

>Seriously if any one is flying
>do not fly Delta! The
>company came out today saying
>it will not longer transport
>trophies from Hunts! Specifically animals
>from Africa!
>
>I will never consider delta for
>another flight!

Delta is banning the transportation of "ENDANGERED SPECIES" not all hunting trophies. Get you facts straight! There's nothing wrong with covering your company from legal matters. There are only 5 African species that are on the list and that will be banned from checking on a flight. The rest of your big game will be just fine.

Drama Queen!

Two questions about the "Lion" drama:

1. How is this incident any different from calling a bull elk off of private property onto public land and then killing it? Happens all the time and nobody gives a hoot.

2. Who named the king of the jungle "Cecil"???

>Two questions about the "Lion" drama:
>
>
>1. How is this incident any
>different from calling a bull
>elk off of private property
>onto public land and then
>killing it? Happens all the
>time and nobody gives a
>hoot.
>
>2. Who named the king of
>the jungle "Cecil"???

Damn good questions!
Zeke

I thought buffalo were on Delta's list. Are they endangered species? Southern Cape buffalo?

As for lion, leopard and elephant, they are endangered in some areas but not in others, thus import to the US is legal from these areas, correct?

While some of these animals are low in numbers in certain areas none of them are actually endangered species. Some may be threatened but none are endangered. Saying the animals are endangered is the media's favorite thing to say. Making people believe hunters are wiping out the last of the species just to get a hard on. None of its true. Now if delta banned people from bringing white rhinos on board then yeah that would make sense because those are actually endangered and very illegal to kill.

I agree.
Its funny how guys will go off on every subject on MM. But this topic is strangely very silent. Why? Were are all the Haters? This is the first topic I ever remember guys running scared.

At the same time you boycott Delta, Also boycott SCI [Safari Club International].They suspended this guys membership before the facts came out. Trying to save there own **uts. What happened to innocent until proven guilty. Now the other side is coming out and it looks like things were done legally...
I am done with SCI. They wont get another dollar from me....
Stand together or fall on your own....

I plan on boycotting delta but for a different reason. I just got home late last night from alaska and the trip was amazing that is until delta got a hold of my salmon! I checked in 26 lbs of salmon fillets in Anchorage and when I picked up my cooler at baggage claim in Las Vegas the cooler had 2 f'ing fillets in it. That's right some a** hole employee stole 25 lbs. retaped the cooler and left me 1 lb! Now I get to go through the fun claim process to see how much they plan on reinbursing me. Unless they do everything possible to make things right I will never fly with them again!

>>Seriously if any one is flying
>>do not fly Delta! The
>>company came out today saying
>>it will not longer transport
>>trophies from Hunts! Specifically animals
>>from Africa!
>>
>>I will never consider delta for
>>another flight!
>
>Delta is banning the transportation of
>"ENDANGERED SPECIES" not all hunting
>trophies. Get you facts straight!
>There's nothing wrong with covering
>your company from legal matters.
>There are only 5 African
>species that are on the
>list and that will be
>banned from checking on a
>flight. The rest of your
>big game will be just
>fine.
>
>Drama Queen!

Hey Drama Queen you need to check your facts jack. Not all of the 5 African species are "endangered". You need to check yourself before blasting someone about not knowing the facts.

>I plan on boycotting delta but
>for a different reason. I
>just got home late last
>night from alaska and the
>trip was amazing that is
>until delta got a hold
>of my salmon! I checked
>in 26 lbs of salmon
>fillets in Anchorage and when
>I picked up my cooler
>at baggage claim in Las
>Vegas the cooler had 2
>f'ing fillets in it. That's
>right some a** hole employee
>stole 25 lbs. retaped the
>cooler and left me 1
>lb! Now I get to
>go through the fun claim
>process to see how much
>they plan on reinbursing me.
>Unless they do everything possible
>to make things right I
>will never fly with them
>again!

Doesn't matter what they do, they can't replace fish you personally caught. That would be like losing your Dall Sheep mount and saying he will replace it with another one.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

+1 Brushcreek!
Was planning to hunt South Africa either next year or the one after, guess I'll just head back to NZ...hotter women anyway!

Everyone needs to wait till all the facts come to light. Go dig for the facts, the damn media sure is not going to report ALL the facts! Too many times to a bunch of goat humping mother f______ make some unsubstantiated claim and all of a sudden, because it makes a great story and falls in line with media agenda and increased ratings, it becomes facts. Everyone is too quick to crucify someone based off of the known biased media reports. What ever happened to intelligently seeking out the facts and then forming an opinion, no wonder this country is in such peril.

So for all us hunters that hunt the late season that shoot elk that migrate out of the park does that make us evil killers???

im sick of this lion crap.no harm done but the media has caused the HARM!!!!!!!!!!!!

I JUST DID BOYCOTT DELTA AIRLINES !!! WE CHANGED OUR TICKETS TO ALASKA AIRLINES FOR A SLIGHTLY BETTER RATE, SAME DATES !!!...............................YD.

>Hey Drama Queen you need to
>check your facts jack.
>Not all of the 5
>African species are "endangered".
>You need to check
>yourself before blasting someone about
>not knowing the facts.

My mistake. The correct word is "protected". Here's the official statement from Delta:

Effective immediately, Delta will officially ban shipment of all lion, leopard, elephant, rhinoceros and buffalo trophies worldwide as freight.

I usually fly United for the best rates anyway. I don't ask them to ship I give them to them and they are considered baggage.
Elk, deer, antelope unless it is a record book animal I do the following. If I want the cape I have it skinned out except for the face so the skull cap can come off. Take the scull cap and cut it in half with some jagged notches for later taxidermist alignment.
The antlers will fit inside each other than wrap it even with the head loose in the center, you will be will under 50 pounds. Cover the points well, and use cardboard and duck tape, if weight allows you can put some backstrap in it. It is now luggage, not carry on but luggage. If you don't want to pay a extra baggage fee of $50 just ship your dirty clothes home but above all take them with you.
I'll bet my dirty underwear has at least 20,000 airline miles on them. The bigger they are the more likely you will never see them again if you have someone ship them for you.
Don't fight their system, just get it done. We all shop for the lowest fare if you don't want to fly Delta don't. Complaining in a forum is like trying to stop rain, you are to small for them to care. This is the world today.
Greg Merriam
Senior Hunt Locator & Hunt Planner
Master Hunt Broker
Master Land Owner Voucher Broker
Discounted Hunts LLC
Outdoor Writers LLC
Pro-Staff Dead Down Wind Scent Products
Pro-Staff Benchmaster Shooting Accuracy Products
1204 Button Rock Drive
Longmont, Co 80504
303-776-7528 Voice
303-746-1214 Cell Phone
Email: [email protected]
Web Page: http://www.discountedhunts.net
Web Page: http://www.ColoradoElkHuntingOutfitters.com/
Utube: Discounted Hunts
Web Page for Vouchers This is the Link to the land Owner Voucher List
http://www.coloradoelkhuntingoutfitters.com/styled/index.html

When I came home last year from my Alaska Sheep hunt. I card boarded my horn ends and then duck taped them. Then I completely duck taped the scull, so all you could see was the horns .At that point I put the horns with scull attached in a garbage bag and duck taped it in a semi ball complete with a handle.
The lady at the counter asked what I had in the bag. All I told her was it was my carry on. LOL
She didn't say a word. When I got on the plane the stewardess asked what was in the bag and I told her it was about $20,000 as I put them in a overhead bin.
She didn't say a word...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom