Time to plan

R

Ridge_Runner

Well it is that time again when we start to plan the next hunting season. I will be spending 2 months July-Sept in California hunting Blacktail in some of my favorite "Hot spots" and let me tell ya I mean hot. Nothing for it to be 100 degrees in the shade for that time of year. Will be hunting mostly archery so looking forward to it. Boy those Blacktail hunts are worth it though. the area that I hunt holds so much other game it is such a treat to be able to be a part of it all. Turkey,bear,deer,mountian lion,bobcat,quail,ahh the great outdoors aint it grand. And the best part is I will be sharing it with my two 10yr olds and my Dad.My son had his first hunt last year and now his twin sister wants to go also. I guess one of these popstar girl singers hunts with her dad so now my daughter wants to give it a try. Couldn't make me happier. Anyways what plans do you have for the Blacktail season? lets get this Blacktail forum rolling guys and girls.

Happy Trails

Ridge Runner

RR
What part of Ca do you hunt? My A-zone spot hits 100 by 8:00 am.(LOL) Seriously, I know what you mean about the heat. This past season I hunted Southern Oregon with some family, it was like 77 degrees and they were complaing about how hot it was. I was in heaven!! The weekend before I hunted west of Burney and it was still in the high 80's. This season will probably be like the last few, A-zone; C-3; and Oregon.
Happy hunting.........Christian

Well I use to hunt A zone but I gave it up, just to hot.I hunt the B zones now even tho they have a few hot days but a lot better.I don,t know if I will end up with 2 B tags this year or one B tag and a premium hunt some place with the new bonus point system? Just have to wait and see how it all works out.Devlin

I believe it was Aug 6th 1977, when the old temperature guage hit a high of 121 degrees in Red Bluff. I needed to get out of Dodge and decided to rifle hunt the A zone near Snow Mtn Wilderness. Those few nights in a tent at 5000 feet were some of the most uncomfortable sleeping nights in my life. The deer hunting was at best pathetic, and the cold cerveza didn't stay cold very long.

On Oct. 17 in the 80's, it snowed over 6 inches at an elevation of 2500 feet. The hunting was incredible with bucks almost everywhere it seemed. Kalifornicated weather can be so extreme but predictable. God I wish I lived in Salmon, or Hamilton or Fredonia or Jackpot or Steamboat Springs, or John Day or anywhere but this forsaken liberal state. Hasta, Rick

I don't know that I have any big plans for the up comming season. I am really trying to fit some more hunting time in with my school schedual. I am moving about 45 miles away from my house this next month so I will be looking into some new areas that look very promising. The weather proves to stay a little nicer and gets alot colder sooner in the year so hopefully that will get the bucks up and kicking sooner. Jordan

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom