To all you lifer haters

deadibob

Long Time Member
I have some questions to all of those lifetime license haters who weren’t smart enough to buy one for themselves.

How many points has it taken to get your last general deer tag of CHOICE (not counting crap units that nobody puts in for)? How many non-archery general deer tags have you drawn in the last ten years? How many points as an overall average do you think it will take to draw a tag ten years from now?

Dang…no wonder you guys are so angry?
I feel bad for you, NOT!
We need to cut 20,000 more tags next year!?
SUCK IT!?????
I dedicate this post to you elkantlers and twice for you Bobkittycat?

Already planning next years muzzy hunt on Pine Valley, too bad I probably won’t be able to shoot a three point but just imagine five years from now???

Hey Bob!

Niller's Really Gonna Love You When He See's Your Tag Cuts!

I have some questions to all of those lifetime license haters who weren’t smart enough to buy one for themselves.

How many points has it taken to get your last general deer tag of CHOICE (not counting crap units that nobody puts in for)? How many non-archery general deer tags have you drawn in the last ten years? How many points as an overall average do you think it will take to draw a tag ten years from now?

Dang…no wonder you guys are so angry?
I feel bad for you, NOT!
We need to cut 20,000 more tags next year!?
SUCK IT!?????
I dedicate this post to you elkantlers and twice for you Bobkittycat?

Already planning next years muzzy hunt on Pine Valley, too bad I probably won’t be able to shoot a three point but just imagine five years from now???

Hey Jackass, a big portion of hunters in Utah weren’t even alive when this program ended in 1994. So saying they weren’t smart enough to buy one is an ignorant statement. Obviously you don’t have kids that are being cut short from a program that ended 30 years ago.

Hey Jackass, a big portion of hunters in Utah weren’t even alive when this program ended in 1994. So saying they weren’t smart enough to buy one is an ignorant statement. Obviously you don’t have kids that are being cut short from a program that ended 30 years ago.
Probably shouldn’t call someone a jackass or founder will ban you.

There are really folks here that weren’t born before 1994? I guess you do learn something new here every day. Hey dummy I have five kids and I’ve used my tag to mentor them several times. If you weren’t born yet don’t blame me, blame your dad for not getting your mom preggo when she was 13?

In 67 years from now when I’m on my deathbed I’m going to be put on cryogenic life support so I can stay alive and mentor my grandkids and their grandkids for the next 100 years and you guys will still be butthurt.

If you were born after 1994 you have much bigger issues than not drawing a tag???

maybe a good petition to change the lifetime license? No mentoring with that tag and mandatory audit tag checks to make sure no one is using someone’s that has passed away. Or make it so they draw and if lucky they get a free tag because they have lifetime license. Hmmmm I like this subject.. could be a pop corn thread

maybe a good petition to change the lifetime license? No mentoring with that tag and mandatory audit tag checks to make sure no one is using someone’s that has passed away. Or make it so they draw and if lucky they get a free tag because they have lifetime license. Hmmmm I like this subject.. could be a pop corn thread
Maybe a good petition to cut tag numbers in half and increase the price by 1,000%.? After all the state needs more money for deer studies and to offset the revenue from fewer tag sales.

The state has made a habit of cutting tags the last few years and it will be a lot easier to get more tag cuts than it will be to break the L.L. contract.

F’ AROUND AND FIND OUT!

There are really folks here that weren’t born before 1994? I guess you do learn something new here every day. Hey dummy I have five kids and I’ve used my tag to mentor them several times. If you weren’t born yet don’t blame me, blame your dad for not getting your mom preggo when she was 13?
Deadi,

My Dad wasn't from Oak City, so marrying his cousin at 13 and having 5 kids before he was old enough to drink wasn't an option for him, but I'm glad it worked out well for you.

I was actually born in the 1970's, so nice try.

Cut 20,000 more tags, increase the price of tags 1,000% and suck it; really?!?! You are really good at showing your ignorance and selfishness.

I personally think your lifetime license should get you free deer tags the rest of your life, but you should be in the same draw as everyone else.

Heck I think we should make it a 5 point or better for the whole state and give unlimited tags. Or we can keep it how it is but make lifetime license holders put in for the draw and they can get a tag but it might not be there first choice unit.because when they were available for purchase. There wasn't units. So it shouldn't matter which unit they get as long as the get a utah deer tag

Deadi,

My Dad wasn't from Oak City, so marrying his cousin at 13 and having 5 kids before he was old enough to drink wasn't an option for him, but I'm glad it worked out well for you.

I was actually born in the 1970's, so nice try.

Cut 20,000 more tags, increase the price of tags 1,000% and suck it; really?!?! You are really good at showing your ignorance and selfishness.

I personally think your lifetime license should get you free deer tags the rest of your life, but you should be in the same draw as everyone else.
I didn’t marry my cousin at 13 but it was either a shotgun wedding or run away to the only place I wouldn’t be found and that is how I ended up in Oak City. At the time this place was giving away free land if you had fresh DNA so they could recharge the local gene pool.

I’m glad you think we should get FREE deer tags for the rest of our life but the thing is they weren’t free, they were all paid in advance long ago when $500 could buy more than a Happy Meal and a pack of Marlboro reds.

As for drawing our tags maybe you should take that up at the RAC meetings, they will probably let you talk after they vote unanimously to cut another 20,000 tags?

Dudes batching about lifetime holders getting g their new gear ordered and hotel reservations for the expo and banquets that give out over 500 tags a year, EVERY year, is priceless.

In my world we call the LL threads a "red herring." Well, we aren't supposed to call it that anymore, but that is still what it is.

500 premium tags being syphoned off the top with basically nothing to show for it (How is that deer herd doing compared to when the expo started?) yet these clowns want to complain about my general Manti/San Rafael rifle deer tag. But as long as nobody is paying attention to what is really going on, these guys win.

The LL thing is totally annoying but it is NOT the fault of those smart enough to buy in when it was offered. I know a handful of LL holders and they are adamant about getting their tags each year, then never really seem to care about killing anything or even going most of the time.

I'm not thinking they are much of a threat to deer herds, they only hurt the pride of those who are jealous that they never got the opportunity to jump on the bus.

It's a hard pill to swallow sometimes when the government writes checks that the future citizenry has to make good on. Most of those responsible for this spent the money long ago and are probably dead by now.

On the other side of the coin, there are many legal angles that could be played to default on LL holders, I just don't think there are a substantial amount of people who want to do so because most people are still honorable and want to uphold a legitimate deal, even if it was a stupid one. -----SS

Could someone remind me how our fish have benefitted from the funds raised by Expo funds?
I fish more than I hunt so maybe if I was enlightened I would quit complaining by >50%.

Dudes batching about lifetime holders getting g their new gear ordered and hotel reservations for the expo and banquets that give out over 500 tags a year, EVERY year, is priceless.
500 tags are stolen each year?
I thought it was a hair more than 200?

We need to remove limits on the number of general season permits so that everyone gets a tag of choice every year just like the lifers.

Bitching about LL is priceless. None of them ***** about tens of thousands of public acres included in CWMU. Not about 99 year leases on gov property. Not about cabins on public until oldest relative dies. Expo/ conservation tags are fine. Oil, gas, mining, timber leases that block access is just "multi use". Indians hunting year round, off the rez is just an treaty. Water shares owned by folks with no land, is ok. Landowner "tag
raffles", is great.

BUUTTTTT, Lifetime Licenses are gov giveaways and adversely affect hunting?

We need to remove limits on the number of general season permits so that everyone gets a tag of choice every year just like the lifers.
If we all were limited to flintlock muzzys and recurve/longbows only we could have unlimited over the counter tags and probably multiple tags per hunter.

Everyone wants more opportunities and to hunt every year but they won't give up their 700 yard muzzy or 1,000 yard rifle. You get to pick one, opportunity or technology.

I know they paid $500 for theirs, how much will it cost this time?

If the price of a tag is $40, and you apply an avg realistic "lifetime" time span on it of 30 yrs, the price is $1,200. A realistic max of 60 yrs puts it at $2,400. Tag price adjusts might kick it up to $3k.

If you go only off of natural inflation (2.5%) over the last 29 years since it ended, it puts the value at $404k.

So, deadi might be a little optimistic ?

Edit: $40k.

Last edited:
If we all were limited to flintlock muzzys and recurve/longbows only we could have unlimited over the counter tags and probably multiple tags per hunter.

Everyone wants more opportunities and to hunt every year but they won't give up their 700 yard muzzy or 1,000 yard rifle. You get to pick one, opportunity or technology.
Where do I sign up!

If the price of a tag is $40, and you apply an avg realistic "lifetime" time span on it of 30 yrs, the price is $1,200. A realistic max of 60 yrs puts it at $2,400. Tag price adjusts might kick it up to $3k.

If you go only off of natural inflation (2.5%) over the last 29 years since it ended, it puts the value at $404k.

So, deadi might be a little optimistic ?
We are currently seeing double digit inflation regardless of the manipulated numbers they are spoon feeding us.

If the state were to open up sales of lifetime licenses again for sixty days and they had the same rights and restrictions as existing lifetime licenses how many would they sell if the price was $150k? What if they released 100 of them and they were auctioned off to the highest bidders?

If they only were to release ten more what would they command at the expo auction?

I’m sure the state would’ve willing to sell more lifetime licenses if SFW was running the auction.

We are currently seeing double digit inflation regardless of the manipulated numbers they are spoon feeding us.

If the state were to open up sales of lifetime licenses again for sixty days and they had the same rights and restrictions as existing lifetime licenses how many would they sell if the price was $150k? What if they released 100 of them and they were auctioned off to the highest bidders?

If they only were to release ten more what would they command at the expo auction?

I’m sure the state would’ve willing to sell more lifetime licenses if SFW was running the auction.

The avg inflation rate since the mid 80's has been right about 2.5%. Today's rates are the exception and just flat out are unsustainable as long as wages remain relatively flat.

I seriously doubt many people would drop the coin for a $150k LL for general season caliber bucks. If someone had that kind of cash on hand, they wouldn't waste their time with general season tags.

If SFW auctioned off LL for limited entry "trophy" quality tags, yeah, they would likley sell for 6 figures a few times over.

I know they paid $500 for theirs, how much will it cost this time?
$500 in 1994 dollars. That's over $1,000 today.
Lifetime licenses stopped being issued on March 1, 1994. My LL was issued on March 29,1994 and I believe it was the last one Utah issued. I was active military, permanent resident of Utah (paying taxes in Utah) and stationed in California, so had to fight with Utah F&G over the residency, which delayed its issue a few weeks. My residency ended in 1998 when I left active duty. Back of the envelope estimate shows I have saved $2,166 in Combo License fees and $6,287 in hunting permit fees for a total of $8,453. That beats the S&P 500 over that time ($8,127) and, coupled with the guaranteed permit as a NR, is best investment I have ever made. Hate away!

Last edited:
What are all the lifers going to do when Utah general tags get so poor that they actually have to pay people to take them?

Then the tables will turn and you will all be losing money every year. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:-----SS

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom