Tred Barta

O

Onehugemember

I was just wondering what people thought of Tred. On the water he is good, but in the field he looks like an ass! The last 2 episodes I've seen, he's been flinging arrows left and right, even straight up, and not hiiting anything.

OnehugeMember(hope your refering to your weight!)
Tred Barta in the field is for sure more of an entertanier than professional hunter for sure and his says it offen!(glad hes honest). But is a expert shot with an bow! On TV ya hes an a$$ however he has world records bow kills and is right up their with Fred and Chuck in AFRICA!(don't know if Mr Adams ever hunted Africa)
What about Oloff? Can you see these two pulling a Muley sneak together?
Tred Barta is welcome it my camp anytime!
Rackmaster

He's hilarious and probably a lot of fun to be outdoors with. He also has a few record bow kills.

About the third time he told me to "do the work", I'm afraid I would chuck him over the side! LOL No, I enjoy his shows a lot. His new season starts pretty quick, I think.

He admitts that bowhunters cripple and lose animals. That's the first time I ever heard that on TV.

Steve

He admits bowhunters wound and cripple. Wow there now theres an eyeopener. Like the gun hunters don't.........

When you carelessly fling arrows like he does its no wonder he wounds and cripples game. He's entertaining but he wouldn't have a place in my camp unless he was the cook.

AntlerQuest Hunt Consulting

HEY BOYS, DONT BE BASHING MY UNCLE TRED NOW....HES A GOOD EGG. HE JUST TALKS A BIT TOO MUCH,A LITTLE BOSSY, WITH A TYPE "A" PERSONALITY. OTHER THAN THAT HES OK. ....YD

Besides the show where he flung about forty arrows at mule deer I would say his show is pretty good. And for a New Yorker he ain't a bad guy. I have to say his show is well produced and better than those shows where the hunters glass from a 45,000 dollar truck, stalk for five minutes and then shoot a great looking animal.

I'm with you Jeff. I couldn't believe the doe hunting episode flinging arrows everywhere. That isn't even close to a normal bowhunt. Maybe he should stick to fishing.

LAST EDITED ON May-16-05 AT 01:24PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-16-05 AT 12:27?PM (MST)

Well, maybe it is closer to a normal bowhunt than you think. I have run into alot of people while bowhunting who arent wearing camo, and packing a $60 20 year old compund they got at a yardsale. I have met dozens of people who rarely practice with thier bows, and they tell me they would not hesitate to shoot a deer at over 60 yards with a bow. I think Tred barta has more respect for his prey than the average bowhunter, and I believe what he portrays on T.V. is much closer to reality than this treestand hunting, $1000 camo, ATV driving eliteist bull##### that we often see on tv. Personally I hunt in my jeans and a como fleece pullover with a really old hand me down compound bow. And I have missed deer and elk before to, not forty times, but the idea is the same. Does this make me a bad hunter?

This is from my friend justing, who knows Tred personally. His dad builds treds bows, all the ones you see on t.v.

Well I'm justin king and my dad builds his bows we are fox Archery tred is very intertaining and awesome at sea. Though he may have missed alot, doe hunting is probably the most difficult hunting you can do with a bow in north america. we are personal friends with tred and he is a great guy and respects the outdoors. On the rest of his shows he is a great shot and he practices alot. plus he owns a big business and ios a very busy man.

Tred talks to much, and whines way to much. Seems like he is crying about missing or not being set-up right He is entertaining; kind of like Homer.

Ed

WILE, TRED IS A CORPORATE JET BROKER...BUYS,REFURBISHES,SELLS AIRCRAFT. I GUESS THATS WHAT YOU MEANT BY " HIS BIG BUSINESS". YD.

The "Doe" episode everyone talks about... he hit trailed and then lost one. He shrugged it off as "it happens" then continued to hunt killing another.

IMO I am not impressed with him in the slightest.

-DallanC

Justin King

Looks like nice bows. Yet Treds hunting with a bow is abhorent. It is extremely unethical. With any weapon you shoot only if you are 100% sure of a quick kill. Sure we all mess up at times but to shoot just to shoot is crazy. Yep we all wound animals but no one has the right to just fire away till they hit.

And I don't really care what Tred's life is, how busy he is or how rich he is. Or how little time he has due to the above. Either you do it right or don't do it at all. I don't have time to practice with my Brackenbury right now so if I hunt archery its with my PSE IF I have enough time to practice with that. IF not its with a gun (which it has been lately)

Anyway I am like others, if thats his hunting ethics then he is not welcome in my camp

Jeff

I kind of like watching the guy. Nothing fancy. No machined aluminum, graphite, or releases, just the old fashioned stuff. I watched him goose hunt and build his own arrows while others shotgunned them last weekend. I thought it was fun to watch.

I did not see the doe episode, but surely bows and rifles lose game everyday during the hunting season. After reading posts here on MM about bow hunting I thought hitting a deer and not finding it would not kill it anyway.

I never viewed him as you folks do, I just see a guy who tries the hard way and is more interested in the trying and hunting than killing. If I want to see something shot I watch that goofball on The World of Beretta. Now that guy is a dork.

I'll say this, I would have him in my camp anytime !! ANY of you that are bowhunters- good honest ones know that deer are hit, and sometimes lost- this one was just on camera. at least he showed it instead of leaving it on the cutting room floor- the big rich super tv hunters DO NOT show anything remotely close to hitting then losing an animal- it happens- to all of us no matter who you are, what you shoot, or how many times you shoot bow- it happens. I have shot, hit, and lost a 3x3 MULE DEER buck in the desert. he jumped my string at 60 yards. I went into town and called friends and family and the warden. 11 of us looked for 2 1/2 days for that deer to no avail, 1 year later while on another MULE DEER archery hunt in the same canyon, I found the rack in excellent shape in the shade on the ridge we stopped looking for him on, 100 yards away from the top where I sat and glassed last. I tagged it and went home, never feeling more sick- _ _ i t happens !! this guy tred shows what true hunting can be instead of not including it in "this weeks show". as far as archery "bird" hunting we have more than once grabbed our recurves and flu flu's with bolo's and went dove hunting, alot like goose hunting I think- ALOT OF FUN !!!!! especially when you hit one !!!!! I have NEVER even seen one of the fancy super hunters on television even TRY to hunt does- they all go to the high fenced ranches that the ranchers have spotted big bucks in andthe hunter shows up with camera and gets him a big one- bullpoopy !! bill jordan and/or jackie bushman would NOT have a show about doe only hunting, they damn sure would not let ANYONE see them hit and lose ANY animal, they would edit it out- and you all know it ! one of the things I like best about tred barta is the fact he also shows the animals he takes being field dressed, he shows blood on his show- that is real hunting. when the super tv hunters actually harvest an animal, ANY animal, they somehow make sure you cannot see any blood, holes, tounge, bulging eyes, cracked legs, nothing that the tv viewer will not enjoy- that is not true hunting. in hunting- if your damn lucky- you harvest an animal, it does'nt just fall over when it sees you, you make a hole, cause trauma, let blood, whatever you want to call it- it's messy- sometimes more than others. I find it hard to believe that when the super hunters take a deer in 2 feet of snow they show not one drop of blood, it looks fixed, made up, not real, I'm not saying there should be blood and guts and froth, etc, but some people really go out of thier way to make harvesting an animal "pretty, or staged- not real !! 2 weeks ago tred's son hunter (cool name-lol) shot his first elk, a cow, in colorado- the same ranch where tred shot the doe last fall- same guide/owner as well. after seeing this kid shoot a cow at 80 yards (rifle) it was pure enjoyment seeing treds reaction, it was a father being beyond excited for his son, really nice ! then they showed the son being taught how to cape and skin his own game- yes they showed the son skinning/caping his own animal on tv- that alone is something that NO other hunting show does- you do not see anything after the shot, and photos- this guy shows it all, just like you were there. if he had a video I would buy it, and olaf is a big old goof, he is a laugh riot for sure !!
M WAITE, AZ.

It sounds like a lot of you guys watch Outdoor Life Network. What you should be watching the The Outdoor Channel. They have lots of shows that truly portray the essence of hunting and all that it encompasses. Ted Nuget: Spirit of the Wild is one for sure. I don't like watching Bushmans' show either it seems like that guys kills 25 deer in 25 tries a season. There are a variety of shows that also will show the primitive archery segments, like the American Archer among others. Barta is a little to high strung for me, yes it I get very excited when I make a kill but the emotional factor is too much for me.
Just my 2cents.

I know about the outdoor channel, I would love to have it- heck it would stay on it all day long for a couple weeks until I saw all of the different shows, however I have comcast cable. comcast cable gets a phonte call from me 2-3 times a week for the last 2-3 years or so "asking" them to include the outdoor channel in my cable tv package. some of the operators even say- you already do have the outdoor channel- I laugh- then explain. I have "OLN" the outdoor life network, sometimes fishing, sometimes hunting, but ALOT of yacht racing, a buttload of horse racing, snowskiing, iron man shows, doggie police, bull riding and whatever the heck else they can think up to tell me is outdoors programming- except sufficient hunting programming. they tell me that when/if enough customers call and ask for the channel to be added it will be added, they tell me alot of people call and ask for it, however it is now 2005 and I have been asking for it since 1998. it does'nt seem to matter to them that I have thier DVR box, plus HBO, and EXTENDED cable, and my high speed INTERNET service through them- and they sure do charge the hell out of me for that stuff- god forbid they would actually give a poopy about what I want to see huh ! my only real option to get this channel is to go to direct tv- and I freaking DO NOT like them people for ANY reason !!!!! so for now its tred barta and another year of re-watching all of my MULE DEER and antelope/cow elk hunting videos !! its not that bad !!- yes it is.
M WAITE, AZ.

Tell the Cable guy (not Larry) to FO!
I get The Outdoor Channel, OLN and The Men's Channel (Which is getting better than all the others!, they have a ton of great hunting shows, Trail of the sportsman, Best of thre West, Christiansen Outdors etc...)
Anyway, all that and more when I got Dish Network satelite for $39 a month.
Get rid of that cable crap now.

I'm kinda with HH. I get both the Outdoor Channel and OLN with DirecTV. Both are good and bad.........6 of one, half a dozen of another IMO. This time of year they both show a ton of fishing and turkey hunting.........I'd rather watch a rock in my yard.

Lien2

Lien
If you like rocks you may want to check out HGTV....

AntlerQuest Hunt Consulting

half an episode was enough for me- I believe it was a traditional archery hunt for mule deer. If you've seen it you know what I'm talking about.

rather watch a rock in my yard- lmao !!!!! thats funny I dont care who you are !! my mom got the direct tv package. she bought the equipment and it said free "basic" installation- well if you have more than 1-2 tv's it is NOT free. and if the main tv is watching one show- then whichever other tv is on that box also has to watch the same show- thats crappy. but then my cable cost each month is whats really wrong, its 42$ for basic cable, then 35$ for the extended cable, then 10$ for HBO only monthly, then 9$ to rent the DVR box monthly, and I have the "sports" package so I can get my DALLAS COWBOYS channel 5$, then high speed internet is 42$, and the modem I MUST rent is 4.50$- and I DO NOT get the hunting shows I so desperatley NEED. so maybe I will call the other company monday to see what my options are way the freak out here in BFE- not direct tv but the other one- what are they called again ?????? and your right about one thing- this time of year theres fishing, maybe turkey hunting, bullriding, surfing, circle jerking, NOTHING worth watching. now elk country journal is cool, and sunday is a new show about federal rangers busting druggies growing weed in national parks- 7pm this sunday- should be ok, since the simpsons is not on anyway !! ha ha ha, I cant get off the "watching a rock in my yard"- thats too funny !! tonights tred barta show was cool, he did'nt shoot nothing but it was some neat scenery !
M WAITE, AZ.

I think that he is great. He does what he loves and he doesnt care what other people think. He also doesnt get rapped up in all the fancy archery equipment and spending a ton of money on custom stuff. He isnt there to impress anybody he is just there doing what he likes and is going back to basics.

YEP- I AGREE, I LIKE WATCHING MR. BARTA, ESPECIALLY ALOT BETTER THAN THE GUYS FROM BACK EAST LIKE BUSHMAN, AND JORDAN
(JUR-DIN ?) TO ME THEY ARE LESS ENTERTAINING. BETWEEN THEM HUNTING ON HIGH FENCE RANCHES- AND TAKING MONSTER BUCKS EVERY 5 MINUTES, JUST SITTING IN A TREE STAND ALL DAY EVERY DAY, AND WAITING TO SHOOT FOR 20 YARDS SHOTS, AND AFTER THE CAMERA MAN SAYS "OK SHOOT" THAT IS KILLING NOT HUNTING, THEY ALREADY HAVE THE RANCHES PRE-SCOUTED FOR DEER SIZE AND NUMBERS, THEN WHEN A GOOD ONE IS "KNOWN" TO BE IN CERTAIN PLACES AT CERTAIN TIMES- THE "HUNTER" IS CALLED, I USE THAT TERM "HUNTER" LOOSELY. OTHERWISE IT WOULD NOT BE GOOD FOR T.V. AND WE WOULD'NT BUY THIER HUNTING PRODUCTS, AND THEY WOULD HAVE TO GET A REAL JOB !! TRED BARTA'S NOT PERFECT, BUT HE IS NOT TRYING TO SELL ME SOMETHING EVERY MINUTE, HE SHOWS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE ANIMAL IS ON THE GROUND (FIELD DRESSING/SKINNING/ETC) AND HE- LIKE THE REST OF US ACTUALLY MISSES ONCE IN AWHILE !!!!! NOW I AM GOING TO LOOK AT MY ROCK!!!!!

M WAITE, AZ.

I get a WHAT an dumb a$$ feeling that they("team realtree") think I am everytime Bill Jordan walks like hes tracking a Buck and the cameraman is standing on it!
We as hunters I think know better! However TRED knows its the BEST and WORST of him and says so!
RM

yeah I always wondered how come when trailing a "deer" while they are "following" the bloodtrail how come the camera man is IN FRONT OF the hunter looking back towards the hunter- DUH !! maybe because the "hunter" has already seen the downed animal and they are now staging the hunt for the viewers ! I know that tv is tv but c'mon I would like to see some inkling of actual hunting being done- right ?? like after you know you hit an animal good and the anxious 30 minutes you spend pacing around waiting to take up the trail so you dont push it into the next county- I have not seen that anywhere ! must be nice to have so much money you can hunt and take 100 deer a year and all on film in every state- twice. and the only thing you ever have to show for your animals/hunts is some stuffed head on the wall and some staged film ! glad I'm just a poor hunter or I might be tempted to join the "DARKSIDE" of the hunting world.
M WAITE, AZ.

Just saw one of Treds episodes last PM. Was hunting seaducks in NY. No poltical correctness, showed it all. 1st hunt very tough weather and he struck out. But he did admit to peeing in his waders cuz to cold and not enough time to drop wadrs...LOL. Next day he went out, weather better and he got several scoters and old squaws ( old sqwaw is a species of duck not a female indian) dog got caught in current and he had to go save. Also got to watch him wack the head of a crippled old sqwaw on the side of the boat to kill. Classic Tred.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Well for me the juries still out on Tred, but I'll admit that at least he's real and not ashamed to show his wart's. As far as what constitute's a " NORMAL " bowhunter, you people who put the average bowhunter on a pedestal need to look into the real world of bowhunting. I was a master instructor in the NYS bowhunter ed program for about six year's and have bowhunted for over 50 yrs, For every hardcore do it right ethical bowhunter I would estimate that there are 99 buy a bow and equipment in a box shoot at a cardboard box in the back yard for an hour and then get an extra 3 weeks of hunting in type bowhunter's. The closer you were to a big city the worse the percentage of unprepared nimrod's became.I was an offical at many state controlled deer hunt's and witnessed many-many incident's of " hunter's " wounding a deer and after not finding it in the first 10 minute's went back to their stand and repeated the process ! Gun hunter's probably have at least the same or worse percentage of goof's in the field, maybe worse because it's much easier to go hunting with a gun plus it's an anonymous way of killing without the getting close and personal way of bowhunting.The advantage I see with unprepared bowhunter's is that they usually aren't successful and mostly are only a danger to themselve's ( most bowhunting accident's are self-inflicted ), so if we can teach them to not hurt themselve's maybe someday they will evolve into good bowhunting sportsmen and women. regarding gunhunting, I've been at checkpoint's where the only way out of a forest was thru us and after logging maybe 5 deer at the end of the day I often wondered what happened to the 100 or so round's that were fired that day, so I guess that many "hunters" leave their ethic's in the truck.

I wonder if he pees in his sleeping bag too 'cause it's too cold to step outside the tent in his skivvies for a few seconds...lol.

He definately wears my nerves and I usually end up flipping to another station.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom