Truck rental from Denver

otcbowhunter

Hi All,
Does anyone know of a rental place in Denver that rents pickup trucks with a cap.Looking for a full size quad cab with a cap. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

I was just looking into this myself but we started to drive to CO from PA. If you are flying do not rent at the airport. They typically charge more and usually have more taxes. This is usually the same for all airports. There is an enterprise within 6 miles of the airport that rents quad cab chevys. None that I saw that had a cap. The price was nearly half of renting a SUV from the airport. Just take a taxi from the airport to enterprise and drive back to the airport for your passengers and gear.

I'll pretty much repeat what the previous poster said. Enterprise has full-size quad-cab trucks. Do not rent from the airport. They want over $1000/wk. there. Away from the airport sites are closer to $300/wk. I've never seen one with a cap and we've done this a couple times. Buy a tarp if you need to cover the bed.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-30-12 AT 11:29AM (MST)[p]I haven't found one with a cap either, but have only rented from around Denver once b/c we will usually have just a lay-over there.

I've rented brand new quad cab trucks from Alamo/National a number of times recently for very cheap. You just have to stay on top of reserving them in advance as the price changes weekly, sometimes drastically. No cabs and no hitch, but those 2012 F-150s really do get low 20 MPG. With taxes and fees still under $300 per week.

If the rental was going to be longer then a week, it would pay Alamo to install a hitch on it, The problem lies in the insurance cost for you towing a trailer behind one of their trucks. Caps are in the same ballpark, people would have a harder time seeing to the side and behind them.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Where does the hitch come into the equation? I rented a truck from a ford dealer in Rawlins once and they helped me install my cap and slide in unit(Beds and table)It also had a hitch we used to pull our trailer w/ gear.My truck needed mechanical work so I had my own cap when I got there.They also told us they don't rent vehicles for hunting.We said"OK WE wont go hunting"wink*wink* and off we went.

LOL
WE got a new truck at the SF airport and it had 93 miles on it, they asked us not to let the dogs ride up in the cab, we said sure and took off a mile down the road we let those dogs in it was 18 degrees out there. Great pheasants hunt so it worked out.

I own a hitch and muffler shop if you can let me know that you need a hitch(make,model,bed,and year of pickup), I can have one dropped shipped to the rental places and all you would have to do is install it(6 bolts most time)

>I've rented brand new quad cab
>trucks from Alamo/National a number
>of times recently for very
>cheap. You just have
>to stay on top of
>reserving them in advance as
>the price changes weekly, sometimes
>drastically. No cabs and
>no hitch, but those 2012
>F-150s really do get low
>20 MPG. With taxes
>and fees still under $300
>per week.

How do you get them so cheap? I am looking at renting a truck a few times this summer in Colorado and it looks like it will be double that minimum each time. The least expensive rental which would be a mini car is like $350 a week. If you have any advice I would appreciate it. Branden

Keep Trying is my best advice. The problem you could have is that the rates in the summer are usually higher than they are in October. October rates are pretty low in comparison to winter/ski season and summer. Last summer I found a really cheap rate in early June though through Enterprise at right around $30 per day for a truck/suburban...I would definitely check their site.

When I rented last year, the price dropped consistently over a 4-month period and I ended up with 5 or 6 reservations and just kept the cheapest one. That rate ended up doubling closer to the date. Their systems make airline ticket prices look sane with the fluctuations throughout the year.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom