Turkey Down

diehardhunter

Got this guy sunday morning. He wasnt talking much, only got him to answer a couple times. There was 4 hens with him so he wasn't interested in coming to the call. Got to watch for about an hour while he strutted around in the meadow. Once the wind picked up they made there way into the timber. Took about another hour to get close enough for a shot.

1746p1070564.jpg

3216p1070570.jpg

9755p1070577mod.jpg

4246p1070582m.jpg

Thanks guys!! He came from the northern mountains so you would think he would be a merriams but he doesn't have the white tips. I'm no expert though. Either way they sure are fun to hunt.

I am from the north and when they introduced turkeys when ever it was they introduced both merriams and rio grandes. I shot a tom back in 2005 that looks exactly like yours. My buddy whom is a biologist told me what they had done. Way to stick with it.

Good Job! Nice bird. You'll have to PM Tailgunner and let him know what your secret is to killing big tom turkeys, I understand he needs all the help he can get!!

Way to go!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom