Two thoughts

338WSM

I have been to MonsterMuleys a lot over the years, to research both Colorado and New Mexico and to enjoy others success. I have noticed two things as the season has progressed.

One: I didn't notice this trend before, maybe it is just this year, or me. On the Colorado forum lots of people are still just asking where to hunt. But, there are a lot of great success stories and people helping and congratulating others on the New Mexico forum.

Two: The stories include lots of women and kids. Awesome. I always thought (negatively) that it was tough to get drawn in New Mexico because everyone was putting in their wives, dads, cousins and kids so they could get more chances to pull the trigger themselves. But the stories have changed my opinion on the subject.

338WSM,
You'll not find a better group of folks than the NM forum. I can honestly say that meeting folks on MM made my hunt this year. My buddies from work got called in for weekend duty and couldn't do with me, but thanks to my MM contacts I had guys out with me both Saturday and Sunday. I goes both ways, too. Those same guys have/will hunt out of my cabin (read: spike camp shack) for elk and/or deer.

DC

Montana guy that has never hunted NM, but I love to read the NM posts. Very friendly and helpful hunters. Good stuff, appreciated.

I for one agree 100% that the NM forum is the best on MM. People are always friendly, never putting anyone down, and always helpful when it comes to places to hunt/scout. I have met a lot of great people that I have become friends with through the NM section of this forum. Even when I move back east, I know I will be welcome down here when I come back to visit.

Well, I won't argue with that Dan. Hopefully Sandy thinks of NM as a "vacation." Then again, if she draws tags, I know she will want to come down to hunt.

We need to get her to bag out a deer and she'll be hooked! I gotta hand it to you though, you sure had her bought in on archery elk, even after the heartbreak of day 1.

DC

LAST EDITED ON Oct-13-08 AT 10:35AM (MST)[p]Guys I'll tell you now, our states hunting will hook you for sure. Our elk and antelope hunts are very much top notch and though our deer herds aren't the best there is still some very good units. But one thing is for certain, if our hunting doesn't get you , the beauty of the state and our "Food" is world class. It is very different depending on where in the state you are but one thing is for sure, no matter what part, our food is the best! And the fishing , we have great water from big lakes to cool mountain streams , so if your into casting a big ole plug at a large mouth or rolling a fly on top water water challenging a trout , well we have alot of it.Great forests all over the state and some great state parks in our desert regions as well so if your into camping , then NM is the mother load....I love it here and don't ever plan on leaving....Come on down...But don't say I didn't warn you, you'll be dreaming of picking up your mail here....

NM forum is best on MM. I have met some great folks on here and try to help whenever I can.

Taking kids hunting is by far funner than having a tag yourself. Lots of people dont know what their missing.

I bought my son a unit 15 youth tag this year. If I would have used his tag I would have posted pics of a 360 5x5. Would have been around 390 if he had sixths. Now that is a big bull. I could have shot nice bulls 2 to 3 times a day. Instead, my son got a goat and hunted 4 more days after that to only come home empty handed on elk. The people on here are generally a great bunch of guys. In fact most hunters usually are.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom