UDWR WEBPAGE

Its UDWR what did you expect?

elk_img_01.gif

It depends on your ISP. I can reach it no problem from my home computer but cannot at work. Tracert shows it failing at 205.124.244.10

-DallanC

I just downloaded their new proclamations. sooooo...logged on with no problems I guess.

I've been trying to gain access to their web site all day without any luck. If anyone is able to down load the proc. could you post it on MM or email it to me at [email protected]

Thanks

400bull

I have also had trouble form my PC, but not my PDA. I contact UDWR and this is there response, I don't think it helps a lot.

Blaine,

Here's what the security guys up at the state capitol are telling me.

We've been experiencing an onslaught of bot attacks (robot software similar to viruses) from infected computers. These bots generate a constant bombardment of requests directed at Web sites that the user of the computer frequently visits. The nature of these requests indicate that the bot is looking for security loopholes in the Web servers it attacks. As of last week, traffic to our Web site from these bot requests began exceeding our server's ability to keep up. Apparently, a good many users of the DWR Web site have computers infected with this bot. The security people are even considering the possiblity that the bot was specifically written or modified to target the DWR.

Last week, the state's network security people began blocking IP addresses that these bot requests were coming from. The block holds for a 24-hour period. If after 24 hours, that same IP address again starts generating bot requests, it's again blocked for another 24 hours. All this being the case, those unable to get through to the Web site are possibly infected with this robot software.

Our security guys are still trying to get a good handle on it and how it spreads, and they didn't have any specifics to give me on how to remove it, but they have, however, successfully removed it from several state computers. Those having this problem might want to fire up their anti-virus software to see if it removes anything from their computers.

Has anyone thats not been able to acess the site found any software to download that has removed the files blocking acess? It's driving me crazy not being able to get on the site.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom