Unit 10: 4th Season

W

Wildland

I have a Unit 10 4th season buck tag. I know the country fairly well but have not spent much time in the area recently. I am going to start scouting in mid-October. Mule deer distribution during the hunt (Nov. 11-15) will vary according the weather and snow (or lack of snow) conditions.

CDOW data indicates a population drop in Unit 10 and a corresponding increase in Unit 21, my guess is that the dry summer/fall conditions (of 2007, 2008) resulted in mule deer movement to the south out of 10 into 21. With the wet year we are now having I am speculating deer numbers will increase again in Unit 10 as deer move north into more favorable range conditions.

I would appreciate any thoughts on good areas to scout in Unit 10 in preparation for the 4th season hunt.

Do a search on Unit 10 in this forum and look at the "Unit 10 Rangely Members" thread and read my previous post. I know you used a lot of points for this tag. If you would like to talk with me about Unit 10, let me know and I'll PM you my number. By the way, are you a resident?

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom