Unit 11,211

Foothills12

what can I expect to see as far as quality in this unit. I know it is not a top unit but what should i set my goal on for the unit. I want to kill a nice buck 170+, so I don't have a problem holding out. let me know if my goal is to high or not. I'm hunting the first deer season by the way.

Ive hunted those units 6 of the past 7 years and only have seen 5 bucks 170 or bigger and one is on my buddy's wall. They are out there though Ive seen a couple monsters. Don't know what the first season is like, I only hunt the 3rd season. Good luck.

If you can afford it. There are some good bucks on the private ranches along the road from Maybell to Meeker that splits unit 211 from 11. Spceman gives an accurate account on the public during the 2nd season.

We have found it is mostly a migration area with a few resident deer. Second season could be tough. If it storms you could see lots of bucks. I have never seen a 170 buck in this unit. They may be on private property. If it stays dry and warm you will have your work cut out for you. Good luck.

Moose

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom