unit 11 muzzleloader

nvbones

Drew the late elk tag. I've spent tons of time in the unit but not after nov. 1st. I have very little idea what the bulls do after that. I've had the tag once before but only had 3 days to hunt and was unsuccessful. Anyone ever had that tag?

Tough, I've hunted it a couple times with that tag, and unless you are meat hunting it's really tough. The usual story for the bull look in the deep dark canyons and the cows will be hanging out around snow line. The elk are super vigilant as they should be they've been hunted with a rifle for pretty much two months non stop, so they will tough to get close to. The roads can be super treacherous too if they get iced, I found driving in from the Washington side and crossing the snake worth risking those roads but you better be in good shape. Good luck

Thanks for the info throwfar. I only have 4 days to do it so it's either going to happen in the first couple days or not at all. I'm thinking about just camping my way down to the river and get picked up by jet boat. I would have 10 days but I decided to take my week for my 11a deer tag instead. Oh and there actually only a few weeks of rifle elk in 11 because they cut the late tag. But there is a late deer tag and I'm sure they move elk all the same.

Oh your right I completely forgot about cow tags. I might just take a 4 wheeler down eagle creek and hike up.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom