Unit 13 Late Muzz

WesternSky

So my 3rd choice came through in the form of a unit 13 late muzzleloader tag. I have been through 13 a few times but I have never actually hunted it.

I am curious if the bulls bachelor up by this time and stay put more than they do in Sept/Oct. Those desert bulls seem to cover a lot of country that time of year and never stay in one place.
I am assuming that they find a spot they like and spent most of the winter there?

If that is the case I am hoping I can find one of those spots before the season starts.

Have any of you had success on a 13 late in the past?

I have had very good luck on forest rd 6 north west of datil. Bulls not bachelor grouped but they are everywhere down there. Good water hole 10 miles north of the highway. Shouldn't have any problem knocking one down out there.

Typically the bulls are bachelored up... If we are talking the November hunt. This hunt can be good but also tough cause there are lots of guides and outfitters out and usually if you find elk there are a few people hunting them as well...

The bulls are just focused on eating and you can find them in same areas pretty often once you locate them but they are usually in a place your gonna have to work for them!

That being said I have seen some damn good bulls on this hunt, some of the ones I could not find on the bow hunt or early muzzy. It can be good just scout and you should do fine.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom