Unit 13 new mexico late muzzleloader

freu1chr

I have the late muzzleloader tag in unit 13 New mexico for November 18-22. Just wondering if anyone on here was the previous muzzleloader seasons and how their hunt went. Looking forward to getting down there and getting on a big bull.

I had that same hunt few years ago and went with what was supposed to be a good local outfitter in the area. It was clear as soon as I showed up in Pie Town that it wasn't the hunt I thought it was going to be. My guide had never hunted the unit outside of archery season so sadly the first 3 days of the hunt we went to all the spots they were at in September, not where they would be in November. I asked to hunt the more rugged remote country where side by sides wouldn't be heard non-stop throughout the day but we kept going to the areas the elk were in September. If I had the tag again, I'd focus on the edges of the large private ranches that have ranch only tags. I'd also focus on areas where you can get away from the side by sides to find those hidden refugia areas. Near the Crosbys was good to a few guys that year. best of luck!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom