Unit 13B anyone knocked down a monster yet?

H

heavyhead

Just checking to see if anyone has seen or shot anything in this unit yet. Do you guys think this unit still holds the title as the best Mule Deer unit in the state or has 12A and 12B become better?

Just got in from the 13B hunt. What an awesome experience!

Saw some absolutely great bucks this year.

Heard of an 8 X 8 taken up north (How wide was he Matt, and sure wished you guys would have whacked that lion too!), plus saw a huge old 8 X 3 that a hunter took on Saturday evening in the last 20 minutes he could hunt (Great job Brec!).

To answer your question, no doubt in my mind that this is the top mule deer unit in Arizona and a good case could be made that this is the best in the West!

One of our hunters took an old buck that was a 7 X 5 with tons of mass! He had 6 3/4 and 6 7/8 inch bases! That hunter passed on another non-typical that was a 7 X 6 with a 6 inch drop point, was a young buck, hunter said he wanted to let him grow up!

Our other hunter saw about 40 bucks during his hunt. He passed a 32 inch 4 X 3 (heavy). He said going in he wanted a 30" or better 4 X 4 or he'd gladly take his tag home. He passed (under the gun)10 bucks from 170-200 that were missing what he called "The Wow factor".

He passed on four bucks on Sunday, including a group of nine, with three bucks, but the largest buck in this group was a heavy 26" 5 X 4. His comment was "I got one like that one my wall, let's go on."

We did.

However he did get to see what he called the "Largest mule deer buck I've ever seen!" on Sunday afternoon, but the old boy gave him and my guide the slip not once, but twice! Wise old buck for sure! Wished we'd had more time to chase him..Oh well, he's still there for some lucky hunter to pursue next year.

Going to Kaibab later this week, and while I know there are some boomers there, and you'll see a heck of a lot more bucks than you will on the Strip.

To me, the Strip in my opinion is just one unique place.

Don Martin
AWO

4b02399b0b66829c.jpg

Wow.... It is always amazing to see the types of bucks that come out of the Strip! Congrats on some great bucks!!! One of my friends went up with his son on his hunt in 13B and shot a nice buck too.

RomingerBuck2009.jpg

I hope I get that tag someday.... Good luck on the Kaibab hunt. I will be up there too with a friend that lucked out on a tag... Should be fun!!!!

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom