Unit 14 DEER

GUNslinger559

Hey guys and thank you for taking time to check out the post. Have a couple questions that I'm hoping anybody would be kind enough to answer for me. I've never hunted Colorado before but looking into finding a unit that I don't have to wait a few years to accumulate points to draw. That being said I'm not looking for a monster, even though that would be a plus, just more of getting out and learning new country with a good opportunity at harvesting a respectful buck. Any insight on the unit would be greatly appreciated. Is there a lot of accessible public land? What your thought are on second season? Average deer size? Or if anybody has any other suggestions on another unit to take a gander at I'm all ears. Thank you for your time guys!

Yes, there is a lot of accessible land.

Be aware though that most of the area is timbered, with a few areas of blow downs. Most of the lower elevations are prime deer habitat, but PRIVATE land. Deer are there, but not as frequent like the units to the west 11/211, etc. Or to the south in 15 for that matter.

Lastly, this winter from Rabbit Ears to Steamboat Lake has been a big snow year. Likely, tag numbers will be cut as well as the population of deer.

PM me if you want to know more.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom