unit 15 antelope

silverstatehunter

I was just out there from saturday to tuesday and saws lots of bucks, My 80 year old grandpa has tag but has a really bad shake in his hand and missed at 9 different bucks he just could not hold the gun still. He said he doesn't want to go back so if anyone needs any info on where to go, let me know I saw a couple of huge bucks and not many hunters around.

Thats too bad. Getting old sucks, doesn't it? Gotto give him props for getting out and giving it a shot. Thats nice of you to get out there and spend some quality time with him as well. Its a shame to burn the tag.

Steve

Ya, I felt bad. There was one buck that would have scored over 80 BC and he handed me the gun, but I told him I couldn't do it. He got a nice antelope 7 years ago so he is not that upset.

I admire your integrity. Im sure many folks would have taken the gun and started slinging lead.

"You only live once,but if you work it right, once is enough" -Joe E. Lewis

It's nice to see hunters appreciate the ones who hunted before them. I wish my Grandpa still took hunting seriously(he's 65)so I could enjoy hunting with him. Anyways good luck on the rest of your hunts.

I think it is great that the two of you got to share this hunt. No worries about not filling the tag, he got a hunting license, not a shooting license. I'll bet he has few regrets if any.

I've hunted antelope over a big chunk of that unit in the past, I'm curious which general areas you guys hunted. Some of that unit is so rough, that I can't imagine your grandfather going to those areas. Some other areas, like up along Buckhorn Road, aren't bad at all. Hole in the Wall is a killer, but a very cool spot.

We hunted really all over the whole unit but we focused on a spot just a couple miles south of Buckhorn road near frog creek. The really big bucks that I saw suprised me because they were all in VERY steep terrain. There were still a couple of good herd bucks down low as well.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom