unit 15 elk

• Thread starter newmexicoelkhunter
  • Start date
N

newmexicoelkhunter

Are they talking yet in unit 15. . i have a hunt next week and would like to new an update

Not much talking going on. You can cow call in silent running 310 class 6x6's but other than that there is no activity. Big bulls aren't even hanging out with the cows yet. That was as of yesterday. The forest and flats are both the same. I will let you know what it looks like when this first bow hunt is over. This is looking good for me. I need the rut to hold of about 6 more days. That will give me a heavy october rut for the first muzzy hunt. hehe

Still not talking in 15 (old 15a). Friend of mine finally settled on shooting a 320 bull by sitting on a water hole. Said he got desperate since the 1st hunt is winding down and settled for a smaller bull. The raggies are bugling sporatically but the big ones are showing no interest. Go bulls!!!! hold out for my muzzy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Fellas-

I would apreciate any feedback on your hunt you can give me, as I have the late November bull hunt and would love to hear how you all did?

Thanks-

Dan aka Buglemin

Works for me, too. My boy has the either sex youth hunt the first weekend in October. Should be good!!! Good luck to everybody!!!

I'll see if I can't keep you guys updated daily. Got a 13 first muzzy hunt, 15 early muzzy hunt and my dad has the last bowhunt in 15. I will keep you guys updated for sure. I won't say which unit the big one will come out of but I have seen a big one during the last month and have seen him for the last 3 years straight during the rut. Think he will go well over 380. Saw a giant 400+ last year when I stalked up on him last year so maybe I will see that big one again as well.

My daughter has the ES Youth tag, first week in Oct. She can't wait! Good luck to all of you!

Hey Stomper....

You going to try and give us the play by play like ole CAelknuts....that would be awesome if any of you could take the time.....I know I will be anxiously waiting to hear each day's happenings....Especially in Unit 15.....

I don't see why not. On my dads bow hunt I will be up there with him saturday and sunday. Then I have to come back n cover his work for him. He will call every night n give me an update so I will relay the hunt. Probably wont be pretty. He got so nervous when a 330 came to his treestand last year that he couldn't pull his bow. now thats funny. After that my nephew has a youth ibex hunt, then my son has a gila antigoat, then another 15 elk hunt, then a 13 elk hunt. woe is me, i'm forced to hunt myself to death this year, Oh what ever will I do with myself.

scrap the late 15 archery bull hunt. My dad just informed me he's burned out on hunting and isn't going now. I'm so freakin pissed it aint even funny. I'll be danged if I will ever allow him to put in for another hunt again. Do you guys know if NM guys can turn their tags back in to the NMDGF. He took that tag from someone who would have had the time of their life. piece a shift. god i'm pissed.

Tags can be transferred under certain situations (military deployments), altough I do not think this situation applies.

here's a unit 15 bull from 3 years ago.
48cd5fcf7ce5e900.jpg

And here's my wifes valles caldera bull we just got back from the taxidermist
48cd60237ebab875.jpg

Anyone have any luck in Unit 15, archery or the youth hunt? Copngrats to NMTAXi and son as i saw they scored, anyone else? Let's hear some stories....

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom