unit 16 deer Jan 2

nmjl

got lucky and was able to seal the deal on this guy got to love the rutting bucks, he was hot on a doe and never knew i was there
deer11.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jan-14-11 AT 09:06PM (MST)[p]Anyone who can stalk close enough to a muley with a bow, even a forkhorn, is a truly great hunter in my book. Congratulations. That is a GREAT buck.

Congrats on a beautiful buck! I just got back from unit 38 , I had a great time too just not as cold as your hunt, killed a nice little buck but am happy about it.

HUNTNUTT, do you have any pics of your deer? My dad was hunting 38 too. He came home empty handed just couldn't get a clear shot. Saw a few good deer.

Yeah I have some pics, Vinnihunt will post for me cuz Istill have no clue how to do it.

nmjl, nice deer! I've spent a lot of time in 16.I've never hunted it probably never will, maybe elk some day. Huntnutt, thanks for the pic, great deer too. I wouldn't have the patients to hunt that country with a bow. I've never hunted 38 either maybe some day. So much of hunting is just luck of the draw these days. I ate tag soup went in unit 32.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom