Unit 17A

Rizzy

Hi,

This will be my first time hunting 17A this season (rifle) and am requesting some logistical info on the unit. I am a nonresident hunter and not able to do any on site scouting and I do not have high expectations because of this. Upon getting the draw results I have been researching the zone and going over maps...I know the area on paper. Wilderness areas always catch my eye and I plan on focusing on the Apache and Juniper Mesa, as well as some other road less areas I have studied. However there are a couple questions I have:

Do these deer migrate? There seems to be a diverse landscape in this zone. Is there higher densities of deer in any particular habitat?

Which areas get the most pressure?

I plan on going up on Thursday...is this a zone that I could go up a few days early and locate a buck for opening day? Or is it more of a " find a place to ambush a buck getting pushed from all the pressure" kind of thing.

Thanx in advance for replies

Ron

Hey Steve what's up?!

I heard you moved to Colorado. How's it going? I took a nice 6x6 bull elk this year on my archery hunt. I'll be posting pics soon just waiting to finish all my hunts. My son has his Junior cow elk hunt next week/weekend then off to 17A for the deer hunt.

Got the message, thanks COBOHNTR09. I'm getting excited about this hunt...I'm thinking I should get a Lion tag, take more time off work, and stay the whole season.

Cazador, thanx for the PM. Thats what I suspected on the densities, thanks for confirming it. I'm good at hoofing it in away from the roads, so this should work out. I will defiantly look for you.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom