Unit 2 elk muzzleloader

Guy i work with hunted that hunt last year and got a nice 5x5 on the third day, they were still rutting real heavy from what he said

A freind and I had this tag in 2001, it was mentally the toughest hunt I had been on. we went down a couple days early to scout and it wasn't until the 3rd day that we spotted an elk. We ended up finding an active watering hole and followed the fresh tracks and killing both of our elk. I think things may be a little different now as it seems that there are more elk than 10 years ago. When I was down there in 2009 we saw 3 bulls around the 310-320 mark during the 2nd deer season. I would think they are still in the same area as the ealier muzzy hunt. we hunted the BLM south of Gobernador but saw lots of sign every where. Should be a good hunt.

I usually guide this hunt every year. If you can call, the hunt can be great. Elk numbers in unit 2 are not real high, and the bulls aren't always that big. There are a few out there 300 plus. The rut is almost always in full during the muzz hunt. The problem you will run into is other hunters.

No it hasn't thank GOD, and knock on wood. If I could be of any more assistance, just let me know. I will share any info I can to help you out. Just shoot me an email.

When I hunted 2B I saw 2 bulls(5x5) down in Toro Canyon just west of the border of the Jicarilla saw them 3 different times.
They was the only elk I saw in that area.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom