Unit 2 Wyoming elk

I drew my one and only general elk tag and researched the heck out of the units I liked. I have a plan A and a plan B but my plan C was going to be Unit 2. I researched it on every forum, called biologist and game wardens and I can't come up with anything. So, i had given up on that area. Then recently a guy gave me a little help out of the blue and one guy I sent a PM reached out to me so it rekindled my interest. So I thought I would see if anyone here would be willing to share any info on the unit. If so please send me a PM only. Thanks

Report Edit

A friend's brother guides on one of those ranches in 2. Think they get $10k or $12k for a hunt. But they do take some big bulls...

You can hike into the Fortification (is what I meant by the HMA) area but its up to 13 miles in. There are elk along the hike in but I think its gets better the farther you hike in, There was 30 cars in parking area last year on rifle opener is what the warden told me. Less as the season went on.

Yes, many, I'm old but not in Wyoming. Did lots of research and headed to a different unit for archery and then maybe 2 or the other one for rifle if not successful with archery.

I only ask because you are talking of hiking long distances for elk. If you’re going to go past where others stop you best have some pack animals lined up.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom