Unit 21 Archery Deer

Packout

Very Active Member
Buddy's son has a unit 21 archery deer tag. Not looking for specific spots, but a little help would be great. I normally wouldn't ask, but since it is for him and not me I am throwing it out there. Baxter and Douglas have been looked at, but any other areas to get away from the crowds? PM if you'd like. Thanks guys.

Why what on earth do you mean? It's never crowded up there. You're in the right areas just keep looking. There are a few in there yet.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

I am sure there are deer there, they saw a few bucks, but also a lot of others scouting those popular areas. Just looking for advice/general areas to look, which never hurts. Not prying for gps coordinates. Thanks

We were up there tonight and seen a group of 19 bucks with 2 shooters not far off Douglas and 3 other groups with small spikes and forkies with one cool 3x3. Deer seem to be scattered as water is plentiful as is the food where we normally see deer gathered at this time of year. The group of 19 was a first for us of this number of bucks and a real treat and of course no camera.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

I really like baxter pass area. Seems that most people go up douglas and forget about baxter. Seems to always be less pressure over there from what I've seen over the years. Two summers ago I saw two toads running around up on top of baxter in the aspens in August.
Coloradoby

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom