Unit 21 help.

L

laroo

I drew a 21 mule deer tag and im not familiar with that unit. Just wondering if i could get any advice or tips where to start. I know its a huge unit, but i will go anywhere.

I'm headed to 21 in January. I know there's deer in both the southern and northern parts of the unit, but it's a matter of where the hunters will be.Theres a bit of private land and know once the hunting pressure comes alot of the deer head into the private land, so be sure you know what is public and private. Don't shy away from the desert foot hills as theres gold in them there hills , or um deer. Best of luck....

The best thing that I can tell you is to get far away from roads and 4 wheelers unless you are hunting private land. There are some tremendous deer in the unit but most I have seen are down low on private land. Not a lot of deer in general, but there are a few sleepers. I've seen more deer this year than in the past few years in the unit but I would and I will shoot any decent buck that I can get a shot at. Find good grass up high and down low with some scrub oak and you should get into deer. As Larry said, be certain to know where you are in the unit as there is a lot of private. If you plan on crossing a fenceline you had better know where you are and have a map to back it up. I know I'll be in 21 come November chasing deer with my family. -Cody

I have the first rifle hunt in november. thanks for all the input and tips. I need to go to sportsmans and get a map for the unit. you guys are great and good luck with your hunts the rest of the year.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom