Unit 268 Sheep Tag

longpoke

Finally drew my resident Nelson in unit 268. Being over 8 hours from Sparks my scouting will be limited to a few trips. Any help on a once in a lifetime tag would be greatly appreciated. I have info to trade on northern deer units. I had a PIW tag last year and hunted alot of northern NV.

You probably know that most of the area is wilderness and the roads are around the perimeter. :) I have a friend that also drew that area and I'll most likely be hunting with him. I think you need to expect some long hikes in, especially with the number of tags for the area.

Former 31 year resident of NV. Pining for the good ol' days.

>Congrats on the tag. I can't
>help you there. Did you
>ever post the outcome of
>your PIW tag?

I did post it in a late archery thread last December. Here are the elk and deer from last year. I plan to backpack in a for 2-3 days a few times before the season. Just hoping to narrow down my general direction.

2947deer.jpg

2543elk.jpg

Check out my reply to your post in the sheep forum. Nice bull and that buck is a one heavy pig.

2684pb200031.jpg

This is my ram from 2010. 165"

4267pb060029.jpg

This is an old bruiser we had been seeing before the hunt started.

I'd be more than happy to help! Hell its out my back door!
PM sent.

LAST EDITED ON May-28-12 AT 11:10AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-28-12 AT 11:09?AM (MST)

Hezzy.... that is about as perfect of a ram as i have seen.....

longpoke, congrads on your tag i hope you the best. I would definatly take Hezzy up on his offer to help ya. i cant wait to see your ram.

How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

Awesome ram Hezzy! I PM'd you back and will be getting in touch before I head down to scout. Thanks for the help.

Tony

longpoke, how did your ram hunt go?? post some pics up

How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom