Unit 28

nmhuntr

What success or experience have you had in Unit 28? I am thinking of trying for one of the military hunts for Deer and Elk but I am uncertain of what wildlife is over there.

Any help is appreciated.

The area is very open and hard to hunt. However, I have seen some very large deer near timberon. Elk will be good north of NM506 in the NW corner of the unit especially if they receive snow like they did this last weekend. I have never hunted deer or elk in the area but have gone after oryx and seen alot of antelope right along NM 506 so that may be another hunt you might apply for. Good luck and bring very good glass.

In the recent military training exercises all of the animals were killed by the new F22 Stealth fighters and the more secret Death Ray.
Hunting out there now would be pointless.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom