Unit 29 fire West of Leadore

It's 14700 acres and has been burning for 9 days. Anyone who gives half a chit is well aware of it's existence.
The news here in Montana just says the Salmon area. No smoke so kinda out of sight out of mind. As far as I'm concerned fires are usually a good thing for habitat so unless homes and or structures are in danger a couple years from now what's burning could be a good place to hunt.

I do feel bad for the people down wind that have to live with the smoke though. Been there done that and don't like it.

Last edited:
That fire is 18 miles northwest of Leadore. It looks like it’s burning in a burn scar. Know that country well. Burning in Hayden Creek, to the North and South.

Looks like that fire has burned over the top to the west into the Pahsimeroi Valley. They don’t get a handle on it, there’s going to be a lot of country shut down for elk hunting this year!

IMG_6928.png

Thanks for the info Tank. My son was a HotShot for the last 22 years. Started with Snake River. Then Asst. super for Midewin IHC, and Super for Craig IHC. He just switched into Equipment and Logistics here at NIFC, so they can buy and supply what the guys really need on the line!!!!

24k acres now. All in unit 29. Maybe it'll help adjacent units since those animals have to go somewhere.

Spoke with the ranger station Friday and they said they're letting it do its thing. They backburned a perimeter and said it's contained for the most part. She did say it burned really lot in a few areas, but I'm betting it'll be a solid start for the archery guys next year.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom