Unit 31 Elk Rifle Help

saopajudo

I have never hunted in this unit before but I am heading up with week. I have a rifle bull tag. I know the area is crowded but does have good bulls. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am doing my best to be happy for you. Here you've drawn one of the best elk tags in the state, in my opinion, and you seem to be starting at square one after the season already started.

I will tell you this, if you haven't done any scouting, it's going to be a tough hunt.
If you aren't in damn good shape, it's going to be a tough hunt.
If you are looking for the "good bulls" that this unit produces, it's going to be a tough hunt.

There are only 50 tags I wouldn't think it would be that crowded. I archery hunt 31 and its ridiculously steep, rugged, and rocky. I'm in my early 30's and in good shape and I fell down like 7 times per day, from slipping or rocks rolling out etc.

I could have shot like 10 bulls if I was rifle hunting during archery so it seems like it would be easy to me. But I'm assuming the elk are harder to find now that they were during the rut.

>There are only 50 tags I
>wouldn't think it would be
>that crowded. I archery
>hunt 31 and its ridiculously
>steep, rugged, and rocky. I'm
>in my early 30's and
>in good shape and I
>fell down like 7 times
>per day, from slipping or
>rocks rolling out etc.
>
>I could have shot like 10
>bulls if I was rifle
>hunting during archery so it
>seems like it would be
>easy to me. But I'm
>assuming the elk are harder
>to find now that they
>were during the rut.

50 bull tags plus 200 cow tags plus 30 controlled buck tags, 50 controlled doe tags and general deer season that's open until October 24th. It's crowded.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom