Unit 32 Barbs

SageHunter29

Got lucky and drew this hunt for the upcoming year. Just wondering if any of you had any insight into this hunt. I would be more than happy to share what I know about Utah, Wyoming and Nevada.

We also got lucky and drew units 29 and 30 a few years back. Had a great time and we were able to fill most of our tags on respectable rams. Was an awesome time and we're looking forward to making our way down there again next February. Appreciate any and all advice in advance.

Big country, stay mobile! They will get blown out when pressured. I hunted twice in the broke offs and spotted a few here and there. Great time either way, have fun!

32 is tough now days with all the land swaps. Stick close to the Felix. Get some good maps, no where the private land boundaries are, be willing to stick close to them and hike 5 miles. That's the golden ticket. Thank Willy Wonka.

I'm local and had the tag last year with no luck. Be prepared to hunt with A LOT of pressure. Like the last person said, Felix isn't a bad area but get to know public/private land ownership. The ranchers in the area are VERY good at scaring off hunters, especially is they see an out of state license plate. Again, read up on the rules of the unit and how the land ownership works. DM me if yo have more questions.

Thinking about purchasing an over the counter bull or cow elk tag for utah, specifically the salt lake area, this fall...basically just a meat hunt with a friend. Is that do-able or even worth it?

Thank you all for all of the info you have been sharing. I figured it was going to be a tough hunt going into it and you have all confirmed my original thought.

Farmer14- there are very few places I would recommend purchasing that type of tag from. PM me and I'll fill you in on some public land cow hunts that you can draw this year and have very high success rates.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom