unit 32 vs 100 elk

coyoteslayer

Try to decide which of these units to put in for this year. I am a max point holder. Odds are pretty similar. I would like to concentrate on the archery hunt as much as possible. Looking for a 320+ bull, would rather call bulls then sit water. The fewer the people the better. Any suggestions would be great. I did notice that the success rate on 100 is better. I would rather hunt a bigger bull and not kill then shoot a raghorn. Could trade information of some elk units in Utah, especially Southern Utah, or a few other states like a little of Nev. or AZ. Thanks

LAST EDITED ON Jan-28-15 AT 02:23PM (MST)[p]You can't count on 100 for a 320+ bull, no way no how. Some get taken, some really big, but 100 is a good 240-300 elk unit. Archery in 100 really requires sitting a waterhole. 32 is a good hunt for up to a 320 bull and a good archery option, but like 100 you may have to look over a lot of 260-300 bulls to find a 320+. PM me with any specific questions.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-28-15 AT 04:49PM (MST)[p]30hart researches extensively and knows his stuff. I live here and he knows more specifics about more units than I do.

His reply is spot on.

For what it's worth,

I put ALOT of study into 30/32/100/124

I ended up putting in for 32, Special , with max points.

If I draw, I'll be there from mid September to,,,,,,,
Well, What ever it takes....Wink ;-)

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

I heard one bull over 350 was killed on pine Mtn last year but everything I saw in that area was no bigger than 320. But I really only spent a couple days over there in September so probably not a fair assessment.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom