Unit 34 Archery Hunt

greg0808

I was drawn for archery in Unit 34 and have no idea where to even begin looking for deer in this area. I live in Louisiana so I really don't have any opportunity to go down and scout. I get a lot of mixed reviews when I research this and I even contacted a guide in the area for some help. Well all I got from him was you should shoot the first legal buck you see. Any help on where would give me the best chance to see some bucks would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all

That's a long jump across country to go in blind. If you're looking to just fill a tag ,that can even be tough. If you're looking for a decent but k I'd recommend hiring a guide. Good luck

I really don't have the extra funds to hire a guide or else I would. I usually elk hunt in northern NM but I needed to save some $$ this year so I opted to try and get a nice buck instead however I got drawn for my 3rd choice and not sure how big the bucks get down here in 34. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

Very few units in NM worth driving from LA for mule deer. 34 would be pretty low on the list. Your best bet will be the rut hunt in Jan. Would focus on West side of unit off of west side road. Plan on glassing and covering ground.

I know it's a long way but I am from New Mexico just ended up meeting a Cajun girl in college she locked me down lol. I try and go hunting every year in New Mexico. Usually elk hunt but I was trying to save some $$ this year. I have a baby due in January. I will be going with my dad and he hasn't been able to go scout due to my mom being diagnosed with cancer. We are definitely not asking for your hunting spots just an area to start at. Thanks for the info everyone. It is greatly appreciated

I know it's a long way but I am from New Mexico just ended up meeting a Cajun girl in college she locked me down lol. I try and go hunting every year in New Mexico. Usually elk hunt but I was trying to save some $$ this year. I have a baby due in January. I will be going with my dad and he hasn't been able to go scout due to my mom being diagnosed with cancer. We are definitely not asking for your hunting spots just an area to start at. Thanks for the info everyone. It is greatly appreciated

How did you do? Any pointers? I've hunted 34 for elk and have seen does only

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom