unit 34 elk hunt help

N

nmbowhunter1187

looking for any and all info you don't have to pin point a honey hole but a few places to look

Elk everywhere from the north side of the unit to the south side of the unit. From the west side of the unit to the east side of the unit. Take a scouting trip and you will see elk. Lots of them. Quality isn't what it was but still have a shot at a 350 plus

thanks and I plan on trying to get a scouting trip in before September 1st

LAST EDITED ON Jul-30-14 AT 08:16PM (MST)[p]I can echo the fact that the unit is full of elk. I was quick enough to get one of the late season 6 pt res bull tags last year. I did one day of scouting and had a couple small tips from a couple locals and was able to get into the elk every day of the hunt. I hunted the northern part of the unit up towards the Res but when I scouted I found several very promising areas more to the center of the unit as well. Just put in some time scouting and looking at Google Earth and I doubt you'll have a hard time finding some quality bulls. We saw at least 15 5pt bulls and 2 6's in my 5 day season last december. Feel free to PM me with any questions and I'll help as best as I can with my limited experience.

Like they say, elk everywhere in 34, I just cant get drawn. I only drew a 34 archery deer this year. Feral hogs in there also. PM sent. Good luck.

Great tag to draw!

Elk are elk still though, and with limited hunting time. It is by no means a slam dunk.

I guess if it were easy, there would be little girls doing in it@

this is my 34 bull from a few years ago! If it works

3277dsc02995.jpg

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom